Jacob and Mona

"Is that who the guy is on your phone?" He asked. I locked it and tucked it under my thigh.

"Yeah." I sniffed and looked out the tinted window.

"Hate to break it to you, 99, but...I think you just told me something personal." I could hear his smile.

"That doesn't mean I like you or I want to be friends with you, 01." I remarked.

He chuckled, "Okay...I see how it is."

I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the 20th time today and it was only 8:30 am.

"Do you want to know something personal about me to even the field?" He suggested.

I sighed and turned to him, "Go on then." He cleared his throat.

"I've been to 4 of my own funerals." He stated.

My mouth fell open, "That's not personal!" I laughed.

"That's the most personal thing I can tell you, 99." He smiled.

I scoffed, "Tell me something real." I said.

"Like what?"

"I don't know! Like...why did you have to fake your own death?" I asked.

"Well," He leaned forward, eager to tell the story he had compressed for 4 years.

"I was in Mexico doing a huge drug bust. What we didn't know was that there were two gangs working together in the same area. That never happens. So the other gang came after me personally and attempted to kill me."

"Wow..."

"I got shot in my lower lung which wasn't too bad but the other agents on the case had to perform surgery on me because I couldn't go out in public. So they did and it didn't go well and I was put into a coma for 2 months."

"Jesus."

"And then they brought me back to London and I got to see my family one last time before I went to Orkney in Scotland to hide away and I stayed there. It's shite compared to London." He laughed.

"Then I got a call from Mr Stone saying he needed me for a big case so I flew down here with security and...here we are." He shrugged and sat back in his seat.

"Wow...that's...a lot." Was all I managed to get out.

"Yes, my life is very exciting what can I say?" He joked.

I smiled awkwardly then went back to being a professional. Which included staying quiet for the rest of the 20 minute drive to Heathrow.

We finally got to the airport and we were dropped off at the entrance. I picked up my bag, put my sunglasses on then the driver opened my door for me. I got out and 01 soon followed and stood next to me. They gave us our filled suitcases and we began walking into the airport.

"So do we have to act like husband and wife now?" I asked in a hushed tone as we entered the building. He brought out the tickets that were in his bag and looked at them.

"Yeah..." He nodded.

"Why do you sound like that? What's wrong?" "It's just the uh...the last name." He coughed and went to put them back in his bag but I snatched them out of his hand.

"Mona and Jacob Holland..." I read out the names.

"My name is Mona?! Are you fucking serious?" I whisper shouted.

"Fuck." He hung his head.

"What's wrong with the last name?" I asked.

"My first name is terrible." I shook my head and handed him the tickets back.