Kiss It Better

01 and I hobbled up the stairs together with me trying to support him.

"My masculinity is threatened right now." He said as we reached the top of the stairs.

"Your masculinity?" I raised an eyebrow and we both laughed.

We walked into his bedroom and I sat him down on his bed. I stood up with my hands on my hips.

"I need to piss." He said. I sighed.
"I can handle myself from here, 99." He smiled.

"Good news for me. Goodnight 01." I smiled.

"Goodnight." He said with a boyish smile and I shook my head and left his room, closing the door behind me.

I yawned as I walked back to my bedroom. I closed my blinds and saw two new security members outside. I sighed and went into the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and nearly gave myself a fright. I had blood all over me. I stripped off and turned on the shower. I kept my hair in the plait but I put a clip in it so it sat on the top of my head, away from my neck and back. I hopped in the shower and let the warm water pour the day off of me. The blood washed down the drain and I thought about everything that happened.

That man killed my boyfriend and nearly killed me. He deserved to die...right? Does anyone deserve to die?

I put some body wash onto my loofa and I lathered it up under the water.

01 nearly died. If whoever shot him, shot him 2 inches closer towards his heart...he'd be dead. And I would be left alone, again. I don't even know his name.

I rubbed the soapy loofa down my arms and chest.

Would I have been sad if 01 died? I mean yeah! I would have been! We don't have the same views on things, we don't work in the same way, we don't really know each other well...but I would be sad.

I rubbed my legs and the soap got in my cut from earlier which made me wince.

But that was the first time I had heard his name being said in a year. Logan. I hadn't said his name. I even stopped myself from thinking it. I wanted to never remember him again. I had to move on...but I haven't. I still haven't. I've tried but it hasn't worked. Maybe he was 'the one'. Maybe I lost the person I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with...

I got out the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. And I took the clip out my hair. I walked through to the bedroom and I sat down on the bed.
Opposite me was a dresser and a huge mirror. I took the bobble out my plait and started unraveling the hair. I turned my head upside down and shook it. I flipped it back up and it looked like beach waves. I ran my fingers through it and then I lay back on the bed. I stared at the white ceiling for god knows how long.

After a while I sat back up and checked the time. 7 o'clock. Fuck. I opened the shutter doors and went out onto the balcony. I leaned over the edge, looking down at the pool and at the view. I took in a breath of air and slowly exhaled.

"Shit!" I heard a clash and 01 scream. I ran back inside and I slid along the floor to 01's room. I opened the door and he was on the floor and a glass was shattered next to him.

"You okay?" I asked, going over to him and helping him up.

"Yeah," he sat down on the bed with an 'oomph'.

"My arm is more fucked than I thought." He smiled.

"Yeah someone shot a bullet into it so...I'm not surprised." I laughed and knelt down on the floor, starting to pick up the pieces.

"Hey," His good arm reached down and softly grabbed mine. I looked up at him.

"Thank you." He said. His tone was serious for once which I wasn't used to.

"It's fine. It's my job. You'd do the same for me." I smiled.

We held eye contact for a moment or two before I went back to picking up the pieces.

"Just leave it." He said softly, his hand still around my arm.

"But it's glass you could-"

"It's fine."

I sighed and dropped the pieces I had picked up back on the floor, pricking myself on the finger as I did so.

"Ouch." It was already bleeding.

"Wait here." 01 got up from the bed and went into the toilet. He rummaged through a drawer and brought through a packet of plasters. I giggled at him as he wiggled his way back onto the bed.

"Gimme your hand," He said sweetly, his eyes were kind and his mouth was curving up into a smile.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes playfully and gave him my hand. He took a plaster out and ripped the packaging off of it.

I gave him an impressed look and he raised an eyebrow and winked. We both laughed and he wrapped the plaster carefully around my finger. He stuck the edges down then held my finger up.

"All done." He smiled.

I bit my lip, "Are you not going to kiss it better?" I smirked.

He looked taken aback by my forwardness, but he soon snapped back to his charming, flirtatious self and he lifted my finger to his lips. I smiled girlishly and he smiled back at me before laying a small, soft peck on my plaster. I have no idea why my face went pink but it did.

"Wow you're just a 12 year old girl inside aren't you?" He laughed at me.

"Shut up," I covered my face with my hands.

"Hey don't cover your face up!" He tried to grab both my hands with his one hand. I squealed and ducked underneath him, face planting the white, soft duvet.

"That's the part I want to see!" He laughed and started tickling my side.

"NO! Noo!" I squealed and laughed and tried to get him to stop but even just with one hand available, he was able to over power me.

"STOP RESISTING!" He said like someone out of Star Wars or something.

"NO!" I eventually ended up rolling onto my back and he swung one leg over my body so he was straddling me.

"You can't escape now, 99!" He shook his head and continued tickling me. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much and my stomach ached from the laughter.

He finally stopped and we both sat laughing for a minute. His working hand was holding himself up by my right ear.

After we finished laughing we were left in silence. Our breaths quick and heavy. He was staring at my lips and my eyes and I was staring at his. He opened his mouth slightly and he stared into my eyes.

And that's when I realised I had been aching to kiss him since we met.