Late

I woke up the next day at 6:30 am sharp. I got up and got ready. I put on my outfit with my black Louis Vuitton stiletto's and I brushed and curled my hair lightly.

 I put on my outfit with my black Louis Vuitton stiletto's and I brushed and curled my hair lightly

I had packed a bag last night that was full of my personal stuff. I shoved my phone charger in, a book, earphones and my sunglasses. I grabbed my phone, keys, my carry on and I left my apartment, locking it behind me. I walked outside and my black towns car was waiting for me again. I got in the back and sat all my stuff next to me and the driver drove off to headquarters.

We got to the huge building again and I picked up all of my things.

"Thanks Joe, I don't know when I'll see you again but I will!" I blew a kiss to Joe, the driver.

"Good luck Agent!" He shouted back before I closed the door and strutted my way up to the front door.
I walked in and nodded at the doormen then I was greeted by Clara again.

"Agent 99! Good morning, how did you sleep?" She asked and stood up again.
"Clara, you don't have to stand up to greet me. I've been here long enough." I smiled at her.

She blushed, "Right. Sorry." She chuckled. "And I slept very well, thank you." We both smiled.

"You've to go to Mr Stone's office again. You're having a meeting with him and Agent 01 before you leave." She directed.

"Okay, thank you. Is Agent 01 in yet?" She shook her head.
"No."
"Okay." I smiled and went into the lift.

"His first job back after 4 years and he's late." I whispered to myself as I scanned my badge and the lift climbed the 32 floors.

I checked my watch as the lift dinged at the top. 8 o'clock on the dot. I smiled to the agent at the door again and walked to the end of the hallway and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Mr Stone shouted. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"Good morning, 99." Mr Stone stood up.

"Morning, sir." I walked to his desk and we shook hands.

"On time like always. Please, sit." He smiled. I sat down and put my bag on the floor next to me.

"Agent 01 is late. Is this a common thing?" I asked, crossing my legs.

Mr Stone chuckled, "Sadly, yes."
I rolled my eyes.

"But that's just him. He's always been like that and always will."
"This'll be fun for me." I joked.
"I know you're precise with everything, 99, but maybe he can make you a little more...laid back." Mr Stone sat in his chair.

"Or I can teach him proper etiquette." I shrugged, brushing the imaginary dust off of my skirt. Mr Stone chuckled. There was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" He shouted. I didn't turn around. "Hello everyone, sorry I'm a bit late." Agent 01 came into the room and closed the door. Mr Stone stood up so I swallowed my pride and annoyance and stood up too, plastering a fake smile on.

"Agent 99," 01 licked his lips and smirked as he shook my hand. He had a different suit on this time. It was more casual. It was an open, white shirt and a beige coloured jacket with black trousers and shoes.

"Looking beautiful." He smiled boyishly. I bit my tongue from saying anything.
"Mr Stone." They shook hands then we all sat down. Mr Stone behind his desk and 01 and I next to each other.

"So, I wanted a quick meeting before you two left." Mr Stone started.

"You two have very different personalities. 99, you think logically and practically and 01, you think off the top of your head and in the moment." We glanced at each other and he winked at me.
I rolled my eyes.

"This is going to be a learning curve for both of you. But you have to remember that you two are on the same team and you have to work together to finish this job. No matter how much you hate each other." Mr Stone chuckled to himself.

He was finding this amusing as he wasn't the one who had to go on a mission with this man. Mr Stone is the same as me. A logical thinker. He's who I learned it from.

"But as much as I want you two to get along," He readjusted in his seat.

"You can't get to know each other too much. This is dangerous and there's a good chance that you won't make it out alive."

"So why can't we get to know each other too much?" 01 questioned, leaning forward in his seat.

"Because if one of us dies then it'll compromise the mission." I explained.
"How would it?" He shrugged.
I held in my anger and sighed, "Because if we became best friends and I saw you die, I'd be grieving and sad and I wouldn't have the same mindset as before."
I cringed at the thought of him and I becoming friends.
"Right..."

"So keep that in mind you two." Mr Stone looked at his watch.
"The car is waiting for you both outside. Your suitcases are in and packed." We all stood up. "It's been a pleasure working with you Agent 99." Mr Stone smiled and shook my hand.

"I'll be back in no time. Don't you worry." I grinned.

"Good luck 01." They shook hands and I picked up my bag.

"Keep each other safe and look out for one another. You'll need all the support you can get." Mr Stone said to us both.

"Thank you sir." I smiled before turning to leave his office.

"See you soon!" He shouted before we left the room.
"See you soon." I chuckled.

We left and got into the lift.
"You scared?" 01 asked.
I shook my head, "No."

"You've dealt with the Greeks before haven't you?" He asked.
"Yes."

"How did it go? Just so I know what I'm getting myself into." He said.
I sighed and turned to him.
"I got shot 9 times." I stated then turned back to the front as the doors opened at the bottom floor. I walked out of the lift and left 01 stunned inside.

"See you soon, Clara." I held my hand out and she stood up to shake it.
"Good luck!" She smiled. I continued walking to the door.

"Bye Clara. Wait!" 01 ran up to me and we walked side by side outside.
"You got shot 9 times?!" He exclaimed.
"Yes. But don't worry," We reached the car and the new driver opened the door for me.
"I'm sure they'll love you." I smiled pettily and got in the car, the driver shutting the door. Seconds later 01 slid into the car.

"You're not going to be easy." He said.
"Neither are you." I took out my phone.
"Is that your boyfriend?" He caught a glimpse of my lockscreen. I locked my phone.
"None of your business is what it is." I folded my arms.

He scoffed, "So we're actually doing this then." He clicked his seatbelt on and I followed. "What are you talking about?" I asked and the car started moving.

"You're actually sticking to the 'let's not get to know each other well in case we die' thing." He used air quotes.

"Yes, because those are orders from our boss." He shrugged, "We're on our own now, 99." He sighed.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not letting us become friends because what Mr Stone was explaining has happened to me before." I admitted. 01 shifted to look at me.

"Your best friend got killed in action?" He asked softly.

I looked down at my lockscreen, "No...my boyfriend did."