It Had To Be You

4 knocks at the door. Tom and I had finished our second round of the day and we were both naked in bed.

"Coming!" I shouted to whoever was behind the door.

We didn't order anything so I didn't know who it was. I shoved Toms shirt back on and walked to the door and opened it. It was an older woman, probably in her 60's but the type of woman you wanted as your mum.

"Hey guys! My son just got engaged and we're having a huge party outside! We're dancing and drinking and it's fun! You should join!" She spoke in her American accent.

She had a red dress on that plunged at the neckline. She had about 10 jangly bracelets on and she smelled of perfume.

"Oh, I mean..." I looked back at Tom who was hidden under the covers. He shrugged.

"If you don't mind, we'd love to!" I smiled.

"Great!" She exclaimed.

"What's the dress code?" I asked.

"Wear something nice but not too fancy!" She beamed and a woman came up behind her and kissed her cheek, obviously her wife.

"We'll see you down there!" I smiled and they waved and went down the hallway. I closed the door and ran back through to  the bed.

"We're going out tonight!" I exclaimed.

"Are you sure?" Tom asked, sitting up.

"We'll be fine! We're still here it's just in the courtyard." I shrugged and rummaged through my bag. I remember putting a few nice dresses in just in case.

"Wear something nice please!" I smiled before scurrying into the bathroom to get ready.

After about 20 minutes of getting ready I was done

After about 20 minutes of getting ready I was done. Which was surprising but it was because the only makeup I brought with me was mascara. I used the hotel's crappy straighteners which ended up being fine after damaging my hair permanently.

I clicked out of the bathroom with my small clutch and my nude strappy stiletto heels. I walked through and Tom was sitting at the edge of the bed on his phone.
When he saw me he locked his phone and put it in his pocket. He got up and walked towards me with a grin.

"You look stunning." He said, running his hands over my sides. I fixed the top of his t-shirt and cupped his cheek.

"You look amazing too." I smiled.

"Are you ready for my amazing dance moves?" He asked, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"Oh yeah. I'm so ready." I giggled. We left the room and locked it. We got the lift down to the bottom floor and we followed the sound of music and chatter.
We found the double doors that lead outside and I was surprised at how beautiful they made the courtyard look.