Sixty Three~ Amazed By You

Jenna

Even though I couldn't spend the whole two months with Kris in Arizona, Mary and I did want to be there for part of it to cheer him on and support him. I still had work to do back home but luckily I'm in this technological era I can skype my patients and we can still get a lot done even though I'm not in Chicago. It also gives me a chance to help people outside of the city, even though I very much prefer the face to face interactions so I can look in their eyes and help them see what they need to see. You never know when someone needs help, not everyone can afford therapy and not everyone can recognize a problem when there is one.

But coming here opened up my eyes a little bit more. There's something to new to look at and something new to learn. I don't travel much but being here was pretty great and I couldn't wait to see what wonders awaits me here.

Tonight Kris decided that him and I were going to hang out. Mary would chill with the Lesters and go swimming and Kris and I got to be together for once, just the two of us.

So I get all dolled up and try harder than usual to look my best. I don't like wearing makeup because I sweat like a pig, especially in this Arizona heat, but with it being let February it wasn't that bad and it was a dry heat. So I can curl my hair and not worry about looking like I waked out of the eighties at the end of the night. Once I looked presentable and had on my favorite cowgirl boots and shorts I was ready to go. We drop Mary off and head into the city for a night on the town. We didn't really have any plans, we just wanted to let our feet take us somewhere and see where we go.

"So what are you feeling for dinner tonight? There is Sushi, Thai, Italian, BBQ, burgers" he lists off.

"Kris im from Texas, I will always want barbecue" I insist and he smiles.

"I figured you would say that."

So we find the nearest bbq stand which was also a bar with music and a place to let loose and have some fun. My kind of place.

We get seated in a booth and start to read through the menu. I know this won't be like the bbq I had back home but I've never met a rack of ribs, pulled pork or friend chicken I wouldn't eat. I decide on ribs because I've never been a salad or sandwich kind of girl. I eat a lot for my size but I respect food food, that's all.

Once we order we sit around and talk like we always do. I always had a bunch of questions, especially when I wasn't at home and I couldn't hide in the house. I loved seeing new things and going new places. New wasn't always something I welcomed but thanks to Kris I was a lot better at it now. New is still scary but I kinda enjoy scary.

"So how are you liking it in Arizona so far? Are you happy" he asks me and I smile.

"I'm with you, of course I love it here and of course I'm happy" I promise.

"Just making sure" he insists. I reach across the table and grab his hand before giving him a squeeze. Nothing but a touch, a feeling, to assure him that everything was going to be just fine as long as we're together.

"Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby, when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away

I've never been this close to anyone or anything
I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you."

In a rare and unexpected move Kris gets up from his seat and walks around the table so he was standing next to me. He reaches his hand out and I look at him weird. He wasn't a dancer, not from what I have seen at least. So him trying to dance in this bar with me to a slow song was a surprising move. But a good one none the less.

So I slip my hand in his and let him pull me out of the seat. We head to the dance floor where a few more couples were dancing. He rests his hands on my hips and pulls me close until his body was pressed against mine. His fingers dig into my back as I smile up at him, maybe we should dance more often.

"The smell of your skin
The taste of your kiss
The way you whisper in the dark
Your hair all around me
Baby, you surround me
Touch every place in my heart

And it feels like the first time every time
I want to spend the whole night in your eyes

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever."

I rest my head on his chest as my ear presses against it. I listen to his heart beat and I felt so at peace with the world. Everything seemed perfect as I sat in his arms. I didn't notice anyone around us as I smile to myself, just happy to be able to have moments like this I will never forget.

"Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you
Every little thing that you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better

I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do, oh
Baby, I'm amazed by you."