Chapter 56 - CONCLUSION

Chloe visited Jake a few weeks after his sentencing. ''I have important news for you'' she told him ''I gave birth to a baby boy last week''

''Congratulations'' Jake replied

''Darren was released from prison too, they know he didn't rape me and that Alex forced us both to lie now''

''I'm glad, poor Darren didn't deserve to go to prison''

Chloe looked sad ''the thing is Jake, Darren, and I have decided to get together and bring up our son together. We will get married and be a family''

Jake looked surprised ''Are you really sure you want to be with Darren?''

''Yes I think so, he is a good guy and I think we can be happy and bring up our son together. I'm sorry Jake, I did love you and I did want to be with you but it was never going to work, it was impossible from the start. Now you're in here for life and I just can't spend my life visiting you and trying to be with you when you're in prison, it wouldn't work for me. I'm sorry''

Jake smiled and kissed Chloe goodbye ''You don't have to be sorry'' he told her ''I was already planning to tell you that you should forget me and move on, I'm glad you decided that for yourself. You and Darren can be a family and bring up your son together, I hope you are happy and it all works out for you both''

''I really did love you though Jake'' Chloe had tears in her eyes

''I loved you too and maybe in another time and another place it could have worked out for us, but you're right under the circumstances it was never going to work between us and now prison is my future but yours belongs with Darren, and your son''

''Will you survive in here? I want you to be ok''

''I'll be fine and so will Danny. We're ready for it and we will survive''

Chloe and Jake said goodbye and Jake told her not to visit him again but that she should always visit Danny whenever she could

''I will visit him a lot'' she said ''he is my brother and I love him''

Lorraine and Donald meanwhile were having a bad time of it. Chloe had disowned them both and made it clear they would never see her again and would have nothing to do with their grandson. The police told them they would both face trial for holding Jake captive and Lorraine hated being stuck in a wheelchair. She was also angry that her attempt to have Jake and Danny killed had failed. But Donald was furious when she told him about it

''You crazy stupid woman'' he told her'' we need to stop this now, can't you see that? We need to let go of the hate and damn it we need to make peace with our son, he is the only one we have left. We've lost all our other children now''

Lorraine had a change of heart deciding that Donald was probably right. They visited Danny to make peace but they were in for a shock

''You two have a nerve coming to see me'' he told them

''You are our son and we still love you'' Donald told him

''Bollocks you tried to have me killed, I know about the deal with Aaron''

''That was your mother not me'' Donald told him

''Yes and I regret it now'' Lorraine said ''I am sorry I did it and I do still love you''

''Too late now I hate you both and I disown you now'' Danny told then coldly

''Please son you don't mean that'' Lorraine told him in tears