Chapter 15 - THE BITCH

Lorraine was the one that Jake had the least to do with. She seemed to be out of the house a lot, either working or socializing. She was happy to leave her husband, sons, and daughter to deal with Jake and would only be around him when she had to be. And whenever she was around him she was never alone with him, one of the men was always present just in case Jake tried anything. They were all aware that Jake might see a woman as an easier target to attack and try and escape.

She couldn't seem to stand being near him on the occasions that she was. While Sir, Alex, and Danny might have hated him, she literally hated the sight of him. He felt he wanted to talk to her for some weird reason but never plucked up the courage to, as he felt sure she would not want to talk to him.

One afternoon he was busy cleaning the kitchen, supervised by Alex. There was no one else in the house at the time. Sir, Lorraine, and Danny were all out at work and Chloe was in the sixth form. He was often alone with only one other person in the house, the family had to go about their daily lives as normal despite having a prisoner to look after. But he was kept in the basement most of the time anyway and especially during the quiet times. They knew that there was more risk of him trying to escape if there weren't many of them around to control him and the rule was that at least two of them should be there to supervise him at any time when he is not in the basement. But Alex was strong, much stronger than Jake was and Jake was terrified of him and Danny. Alex was confident to handle Jake and would bring him up from the basement to do some chores while it was just the two of them. He had his gun on him at all times just to be extra careful of course. Confident he may be but he wasn't stupid, he would always be extra careful!

On this particular day, Jake worked quietly as usual and Alex tormented him as usual

''You're a loser'' he said ''you're stuck here for the rest of your life and you are our slave. This is all you have left to look forward to in your life, doing boring chores day in and day out until you die. Imagine it, you're only 21. When you've served 20 years you will still only be 41, when you've served 30 you will only be 51. Think about it, imagine if you lived to be 81 years old or over, getting to 30 years would only be halfway through it! That's a lot of years Jake!

''Yes Sir'' he replied. He'd heard all this before and tried to block it out most of the time now. Alex was a bit like a broken record. Of course, what he was saying was true and the thought of this terrified Jake, that's the other reason he would block it out. He wanted to keep his sanity so he could keep his wits about him and never give up on the hope that he could escape from this one day. The idea of 60 years of this would drive anyone mad if they thought about it too much so instead he just concentrated on taking one day at a time, focused on that particular day, and didn't think about the next. It was the only way he could get through it. There were days when he felt that he would rather be dead than carry on like this, but he wasn't going to give in that easily. He wanted to walk out of here free and have a life, not die.

''You're scum and you deserve to suffer'' Alex droned on. ''Yes Sir'' What Jake really wanted to say to him was ''shut the fuck up you boring bastard, you really love the sound of your own voice don't you''

''Just remember I am holding this gun'' Alex said for no apparent reason, it was hardly like Jake needed reminding and he hadn't tried to challenge Alex in any way ''I could use it anytime if I wanted to'' Alex added with a look of devilment on his face.

''What's stopping you then?'' Jake was surprised that he got the guts to say this to Alex who he was terrified of and never answered back to

''Shooting you would be too easy for you, an easy way out. We want you alive to carry out your sentence. If you give us cause to shoot we will shoot to wound not kill and believe me that will result in a lot of pain for you''