Chapter 6-Attack on Xander

There was akward silence in the Milano when they took off from the planet. The guardians didn't know what to say and neither did the Alpha team.

"So..." Quill said trailing off.

"So what?" Jinx said glancing at him.

"Nothing" Quill said and he stood up and turned on his music to 'Hooked on a Feeling'.

"What is this" Corrigan asked, Quill was about to answer intill she said something else "it sounds like what Jinx plays and sings-" but then Jinx clamped a hand on her mouth and sent her a glare.

"Wait, you've heard of music?" Quill asked her, he was actually really smiling.

"Yes?" Jinx said, not very sure how this was going.

"Thats so cool!" Quill said and he pulled her up out of her chair "So what kind of music do you play/sing? Are you from terren? Do you like this song?" he asked her.

"Modren, thats not for you to know, Kinda" Jinx said and then she sat back down and sent Corrigan another glare. And Quill just nodded at her.

"I am Groot" Everyone turned to look at the voice that said that.

"Oh my gosh" Corrigan said looking at Groot "its a female Tawny!" and she then looked at Tawny, who was very surprised and confused.

"I am Groot" Groot said as Rocket pick him up and set him on the chair.

"Hey buddy" Rocket said "sorry I didn't come and get ya" Tawny then got up and sat infront of Groot.

"Hi, my names Tawny Treloar aka the deadly plant, and thats Corrigan Halcor the cunning aka the blue skined demon and last thats our leader Jenavieve Pierce aka Jinx" the next part she wisphered "and don't call her Jenavieve or she'll hurt you" and then she giggeled.

"I am Groot" Groot said in his high pitched voice.

"Yeah I know" Tawny said "we do have some weird names"

"What" Rocket said "you can understand him?" he was really surprised.

"Duh" Tawny said "We are the same race." and then she turned back to Groot and said "It was nice to meet you Groot" and she went back to her seat, leaving a confused Rocket and a smiling Groot in her wake.

BAAMM!! Everyone jerked forward.

"What the hell was that?!" Rocket yelled from his place on the floor.

"I have no idea!" Quill yelled back, trying to get to the cockpit to see.

"I know" Jinx said, she was already there when they got there.

"What? How" Quill asked her.

"We where hit," Jinx said from her place in the captiens seat "and by someone with very big guns" she was typing really fast and was trying to start the guns. "What the hell!" she yelled "Where the hell is the guns on this stupid ship!"

"Calm down" Quill said putting a hand on her shoulder, which she pushed off "they have to be shot manuel-" he didn't finish his sentence because Jinx jumped up and grabed Rockets hand.

"Come on Rocket," she said starting out the door "it's time to blow something up" and she drag him out of the room.

Quill just rolled his eyes at them and sat down and started hacking the intruders systems "lets see why your here, shall we."

"What? Why am I coming with you?" Rocket said as Jinx pulled him along to the guns.

"Because" she said turning to look at him "its fun blowing things up and I saw Quills aim in the mothership and yours is better" and they came to the guns "Alright, I'll take this one and you'll take that one, k?" but she didn't wait for an answer before she climbed the staris to the gun. Rocket just rolled his eyes and climbed the other.