Chapter 12-Settling in

Jinx's POV

Huh? I thought as Carol said that we were going be ourselfs, What about the Guardians? I looked beside me and saw Corrigan had the same expression, as did Tawny.

"Now," Carol said as everyone stopped clapping, "Jeneveive will say a few words." and she moved to the side.

"Um..." I said as I moved to the spot, "I...we...um..." I looked to Corrigan for help, she just nodded her head and I smirked, "We will not be going on this mission." I said and everyone gasped. I continued, "I haven't known them very long," I said and I looked to the Guardians, "but they show great bravery and skill. And I will not go on this mission without them." and then I turned to Carol who had a look of shock on her face, and then she smiled and nodded.

"You heard our leader!" Corrigan said as everyone was quiet, "The Guardians will be going with us, and theres nothing you can do about it."

TIMESKIP

It didn't take very long to get everything and everyone, together. I looked up at the Milano and sighed.

"Whats wrong?" I gruff voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Rocket standing there leaning on his gun.

"Nothing," I said to him, "it's just...this is my home and I won't be seeing it for a long time..." and I sighed again.

"Don't worry about it." Rocket said and he walked past me to go on the ship, "You'll see it again, maybe."

"Gee, thanks...I needed that." and I walked on behind him.

We both walked on the ship and were greated by Carol and the others.

"Nice of you to show up." Corrigan said

"Whatever." I said and I stood beside her and elbowed her in the side.

"Oww!" she said and she rubbed her side and glared at me, but I just looked at Carol ignoring her.

"I'm glad that everyone has agreed to this, it means so much to me." Carol said drying some tears from her eyes. Drama Queen I thought to myself.

"Anyway..." Quill said, "Lets go!" and he pushed past Carol and borded his ship. Me and the girls didn't follow right away, first we said our goodbyes.

"I will miss you all." Carol said, smiling

"We will miss you to." I said and I hugged her tight, "See you soon?"

"Yes."

After Tawny and Corrigan hugged her and said goodbye we went to the loading stairs, and Quill took off. But before the hatch closed, the girls and I looked back at Carol and waved, and she waved back. Then the doors closed and we were left there looking at the place where Carol stood.

"Are you ready?" Tawny asked us

"Ready for what?" Corrigan asked back

Tawny smiled and said, "An adventure!"

"I'm ready when you are." I said smiling at them.

"Are you kidding! Of course I'm ready!"

"Yes, I will always go were my family goes." I smiled bigger, if that was possible, and grabbed their arms and hooked them together.

"Then what are we waiting for?!" and we walked farther into the ship.

TIMESKIP (Still Jinx's POV)

"So this will be your room Tawny." Gamora said and she pointed to a fairly big room with a large bed and a closet, nothing else.

When we got on the ship, the Guardians showed us to our rooms, and Tawny's was first.

"It's right across from my room if you need anything." and Gamora smiled

"Thank you." Tawny said, Gamora nodded

"We'll leave you to unpack." And she took hold of our arms and waked us over to the next bedroom. "This is Corrigan's room." and Gamora opened the door to revile a bedroom very similar to Tawny's. It had a bed, closet, side table and a desk. "We thought that you might need some more things." Corrigan smiled and walked in. "It's right beside Darx's room, so just ask him if you have any quetions." and we left to go to my room. I waved to Corrigan and she sent me a small smile.

"Gamora?" I asked as we walked down the hallway, she turned to me, "We are welcome here, right?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't you think that?" Gamora asked confused

"I don't know, nevermind." and I smiled at her.

"Alright..." Gamora said unsure, "Here we are! Right next to Rocket and Groot."

"They share a room?" I asked

"Yup, well you know, their best friends and Groot can't do anything without help."

"Right..." Then I opened the door to see a room not much different then the other two. It had the same things like Corrigan, but their was a bigger desk.

"Prime Minister Welch said that you like to build things..." Gamora said

"Yea..." I said still looking at the room. I walked up to the desk and put my hand on it. "It's really nice," I said to her, "thanks."

Gamora smiled and said "No problem, just helping out." She turned to leave but stopped at the doorway, "We're not bad people you know."

"I know." I said and she left, leaving me to my thoughts...

Oh! And to unpack...Great...I slumped my shoulders. Let the fun begin! (Note sarcasm) I started by going down to the 'living room' to get my bags.

"I am Groot!!" A tiny voice said from behind me.

I turned around and said to Groot, "Hello Groot, how are you?"

"I am Groot."

I smiled at him and said, "That's good! I need to go and unpack now, bye!" I gave him a small wave and walked back to my new room.

TIMESKIP

It didn't take very long to unpack, considering that I don't have a lot of stuff. When I put hung up my last piece of clothing, I looked around to now full room and smirked. "Not bad." I said, "not bad at all."

The room, excuse me, my room had posters of famous fighters and weapons. I put my sheets in the bed and my (limited) amount of clothes in the closet. I put all my weapons, tools and machines on the big table at the end of the room.

"And last but not least..." I said and took a picture out of my pocket, "the finally touch..." And I hung it up with taped above my bed rest, right in the middle of them all...

I put one of the most precious things to me in the world...

A picture of me, Corrigan and Tawny. All standing with our arms around each other, in front of the cadet building on Xander. I was about 12 at the time, all innocent and sweet. So that made Corrigan 16, she had already been at Cadet school for four years. And Tawny was starting with me because they had just found her on another planet, and because no one knew how old she was, not even Tawny herself knew.

Tawny was about the same size as she was now. Corrigan was obviously smaller, but still very strong too. And I was a bit shorter then Corrigan and I had blonder the hair and lighter eyes.

We had just met a few years earlier, we all wanted to go to cadet school and help the Galaxy. Of course we didn't know what was really going to happen years later...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Haha! I'm so so mean! Sorry I couldn't help it😜The next chapter will be a flashback and also some more stuff.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote, comment (please! [to tell me what you think]) and follow!

Oh and please check out my other story, Wings and Wolf (A TMNT Love Story), THANKS!!!

Bye

-MacKenzie