ḟїḟ†ẙ ḟїṽ∊

Dan breathes, staring at his reflection. "I don't think I can do this..." he whispered underneath his breath. The satin sheets of the silk dress slipped off his shoulders, peppering his body with soft, sensual kisses. Like a lover, it seduced the senses and conveyed with utmost skill the art of pleasing. His hand went to tug on one of his silver hoop earrings that hung delicately from his lobes.

"You look exquisite."

The disembodied voice hit wavelengths to his ears, it was familiar but not so much comforting anymore. Dan looked down at the carpet of his room, attempting to find the will to move his gaze to the man in his doorway.

"Why're you here," Dan voiced monotonously, still avoiding eye contact with him.

"I needed to apologize—"

Dan let out a small snicker finally forcing his look up to PJ's. He watched him silently switch his weight in an uncomfortable manner until he eventually leaned against the frame of his door.

"For—for everything," he sighed the sympathetic tone of voice made Dan shake his head.

Dan stared at the person in front of him, unable to take the situation seriously. He turned around leaning against his vanity. "You kissed me—" he says not allowing PJ to speak further.

PJ cut in. "I know."

"You exploited information that my boyfriend was using me at a fucking football game? I know it's unlike me to let what others think to affect me but this time it does." Dan snapped his glare towards PJ. "My reputation of 'not putting out' was ruined I'll give you that—I lost my fucking virginity to a piece of shit but what's shittier is that I sleep with one guy and I'm a whore according to Clearwater and Rydell High."

He frowned, shaking his head. "No, that's not true—"

"You yelled at me, told me to choose you as a lover and no longer as a friend. You did that—PJ tell me what you want," Dan inwardly shoves down emotion. "Because if it's me, then force me to choose between you and how I feel again, I can handle losing you at this point—"

"I don't deserve you or the friendship you've given me but Dan I can't handle it," he began stepping into the room, the air going dense with his forceful attitude. He pointed to his chest, his voice in a low grumble. "I can't lose you again, you mean too much to me for that—"

Dan looked up from his hands and forced an irresistible smile. "Quit drinking."

It wouldn't be easy, but for his best friend an acceptation was the only option.

"I'm still not going."

Kathryn let out a loud sound in resentment as she adjusted the collar of Phil's handmade suit. "I put my heart and soul into your suit, mister and like hell, it's going to go to waste too." Her hands remained on Phil's chest, her look rising to his in solemnity. "It's your last Homecoming to celebrate your victory, darling..." she trailed off pursing her lips.

Phil remained stoic to his mother's remark without effort. His eyes followed his mother's hands as they moved away from his suit and came back with the pale white and yellow daffodil boutonnière that paired with Dan's dress colour flawlessly.

"He's wearing this colour tonight, mom."

She started to speak once more. "What you feel right now shouldn't overcome the fact that this is the last time to make memories with your friends." Kathryn placed the boutonnière into Phil's grip, leaving it there for him to decide.

Two sudden knocks cut both of them off. Mark stepped foot into Phil's room mustering up a smile to perk up his friends. "Wanna catch Sunshine's Diner before the dance?" His figure dressed head to toe in fancy attire along with Felix who emerged into view.
Felix's hand rubbed the back of his neck. He finally looked up from his dress shoes catching Phil's eyes in the process.