Ṧℯṽḙℵ†∊ḙη

Laura Lee stood with a hip jutted to one side, her right arm draped across her slender body, clasping the elbow opposite. Her head lolled down to one shoulder casting her long brunette hair down her back that was pulled up by a high ponytail. She had a nose like a cartoon character, or one drawn by a lazy artist at least. She had her dusty pink lips perked up into a snarky snarl as she continued to rant about the girls on the Rydell cheerleading squad to a football player that she believed was her friend.

Phil places his palm spread on the edge of his locker door and swiftly swatted it allowing it to collide harshly into its automatic lock. His face drooped down like his cheeks were sore. His expression wasn't thrilled with the idea of class just a few minutes away. He walked by a group of fellow popular acquaintances; jutting his chin up at a few of the guys as a fast greeting without stopping.

Then instantly Laura popped up her head from the crowd and poked her hand up waving it around frantically to get Phil's attention.

Phil twisted his head around to see Lee pushing herself through the crowd her hand still up stealing everyone else's look but Phil's. With ease he grinned and pulled up the hood of his sweater over his head intentionally blocking out Laura's sounds. He tucked his thumbs into the straps of his backpack walking quicker to his classroom in order to lose the ditsy, whiny girl.

After a few moments of striding in the hallways, he made it to his algebra 2 class. He placed one hand on the wall of the door, craning his neck around to no longer see Lee stumbling towards him. With a large, triumphant sigh he snickered to himself turning back around to head into the classroom only to harshly collide with someone.

"I know you didn't hear me but it was almost like I was chasing you!" Laura said with a high-pitched tone. She placed one hand over her mouth snorting with her laugh. "I need to tell you something very important."

Phil took a step back, silently cursing himself. He placed a hand over his eyes and slouched against the wall squishing his backpack into the white plaster. "What is it, L?" he muttered disappointment rising in him.

She giggled getting jumpy in Phil's utter presence. "Well, I have French class with Felix, right?" She began, and in response Phil nodded crossing his arms over his chest. "then Mister Ruddy partnered us up which has never happened before even though I'm a cheerleader and he's a player and we're supposed to like fuck you know?" she shifted her weight and started to twirl her hair. "Anyway, he has always thought he was better than me which is so not fair because he's screwed around with a lot of other girls but not me?! Am I just not pretty enough—"

Phil stumbled over his words placing two fingers on each of his temples rubbing them. "Laura—you-you're beautiful L, you're pretty enough and way to good for him," Phil waves his hand rolling his eyes into the back of his head. "Where are you going with this, Lee? I've got class."

She grinned at the compliment then stuck her finger in the air. "Oh, right," She took out her phone from her jacket pocket. "Felix told me me to show you this picture he sent me," she swiped through her messages to find Felix's contact. "Which is super cool because now I have his number!" she held up her device putting it right in front of Phil's face.

Phil's eyes bounced back and forward around the entire photo. His brain going haywire as anger started to ride in him. His fist clenched together, he served up his eyes looking directly into hers. "Felix told you to show me this?"

Her head bobbed up and down as she twisted her waist back and forward in a small dance. "He also told me to say to get your £500 ready," she shrugged, tugging her phone away from Phil's face swiping out of the photo of Dan and Beck holding hands. Laura tapped her puckered lips after giggling. "I have no idea what any of this means but—"

The tardy bell snag loudly throughout the hallway cutting her off completely.

"Alright, thank you Lee," Phil speedily turned into the classroom, tugging on the strings of his hoodie out of nervousness. His teacher began to mutter words of instruction as Phil found his seat, ignoring the subtle whispers that suddenly swept the classroom. In haste and annoyance, he slammed his notebooks onto his desk trying to tone down the throbbing veins in his neck. "Goddamn it!" he thought to himself. "Jesus Christ I've never been met with so many obstacles," he let out a long sigh through his gritted teeth slumping back in his chair. "Poor kid doesn't know what's coming for him."