ḟ☹ṷԻ†ḙ∊η

Beck swiftly darted his eyes up from his oil-based paints, sighing as his gray, glittery irises swiped over Dan's figure.

The cheerleader said something witty to Mister Auburn like he always did, making him grin a big wolffish grin, sizing him up quickly. Oh, how did Dan send a dark, blue, ocean wave of perplexity to come clashing down on Mister Auburn's morals.

Tugging down on his flower threaded shorts Dan walked back towards the paint rack to rest his masterpiece, minding his own business.

After a few seconds of staring, Beck snapped out of it and as quickly as possible cleaned up his sporadically scattered art tools throwing them into a personal bag. He jumped up from his stool seat, having already laid his canvas on the rack.

Dan walked back past his easel snatching his backpack up from the floor without stopping, waved slowly at their professor and ambled out of the classroom.

Beck followed soon after, adjusting his baseball jacket as he paced to finally meet up with Dan.

Dan jumped at the sudden appearance of the jock in his presence. "Jesus—can I help you?" He exhorted, placing his artistic hand over his heart dramatically.

"Hey," Beck smiled, he had two perfectly straight rows of pearl white teeth other than a singled out silver capped tooth on his bottom molar.

The very sight of Beck made Dan shrink inside himself and giggle. Though, Dan managed to simper at the boy. "Hello?"

"I wanted to ask you something."

Dan then felt a gag start to wrench his throat, and he resisted the urge to roll his eyes as he scanned down to see Beck's baseball jacket. "Mmhm," He muttered with no personality knowing full well Beck wasn't what he wanted.

Clearwater high school's baseball team had the stigma of pranking their own cheerleaders into dating them. Playing with people was a funny sport any teenaged guy would consider participating in, though not all are complete assholes.

Beck trailed one hand around the nape of his neck, entwining his fingers through the black strands of hair like pools of the purest ink. It was fluffy, though not so much curly. "What're you sketching, in paint?"

Dan's feet promptly stopped in their tracks, leaving a streak from the soles of his shoes. He had to replay those words that left Beck's mouth like he actually was a human being and not a soulless baseball hunk. He then let out a swift chuckle putting his hands in front of his face as Beck made a U-Turn right back to Dan. "I'm sorry...what?"

Beck snickered. "Um, what are you drawing for your project in painting class?" He put his hand down in his pockets as an awkward blush tip toed onto his cheeks. "Because, professor seems to enjoy it."

Dan's eyes widened as they continued to walk further down the hallway. "Yo-You're genuinely curious?"

Beck furrowed his eyebrows nodding. "Well, yeah! Auburn always comments on it and walks by your desk to see how you're doing, calls you his star student behind your back."

Dan nudged him with his shoulder, shaking his head. "As if! I'm not that good."

Beck lifted his chin, tucking his thumbs in the straps of his backpack, shrugging. "I dunno, man. Seems pretty legit, what's your secret?"

Dan interlocked his fingers together in front of himself, feeling sudden yellow, fuzzy bees prick at his arms and tummy. "I don't have any secret, I just draw how I feel in that moment."

Beck purses his lips. "Well, what did you sketch?"

"A boy," Dan looked over at Beck waiting for his reaction. "At side profile."

Beck's face drooped, eyes slacked. "You felt like a boy, at side profile?"

Dan clasped his hands behind his back nodding bitting his lower lip trying to hide his smile. "Though, the deeper meaning is hidden behind the boy's mind," Dan gazed over at Beck. "It's what you think he's thinking is what the purpose of the piece is supposed to mean. It stands as a mirror image of your own personality, I want it to strike people somehow," Dan paused. "Though, I still have to sketch more things to prove that point."

Beck snickered moving his shoulders with it. "I drew a turtle."

Dan lifted his head back laughing. "Well," He snickered. "Well, wh-why did you choose a turtle?"

"They're cool!"

Dan smiled, lifting up his hand. "Then there's your reasoning!"

They both almost fell forward dying laughing, clutching onto their stomachs in order to contain their butterflies for each other.

Dan straightened his back finally wiping away a strangled tear from his eye. "God, you're so cute," He said under his breath, then instantly shot open his eyes shifting them away from Beck's.

"Cute?" He wiggles his eyebrows, tugging on the loops of his jeans containing more chortles with his closed off smile.

"C-Cute?" Dan coughed, tying his arms in a bow. "I-I said—salute."

Beck grinned. "Oh, yeah I know I'm so salute I can hardly control it."

"Yeah, I know that's why I said—that," He silently cursed himself, inwardly slapping his brain around his head. He continued to walk forward, unable to think correctly till Beck put his arm out taking a fist full of the back of Dan's shirt pulling him backwards.

Beck pointed in the direction of Dan's class, opening his mouth before the cheerleader could. "I'm pretty sure thats your room, Danny."

Dan melted into a bunch of little pieces as he nodded, snapping his lips together. "Mhm! You're right—agriculture science," Dan slapped his hand over his face, turning into the class. "Okay, I'm gonna go—"

Beck gripped onto Dan's hand. "Wait," he called, a hint of happiness in his tone. "What's your number?"