Ṧℯṽḙℵ

Phil raked his hand through his perfectly sculpted hair as he stepped slowly by Dan's table; seizing him up as he passed.

Dan craned his neck to stare at Lester's back. His mind in a wonder why this guy was seemingly always around. Though his thoughts shot out through his ears as Phil exited, leaving the bell ringing and a trail of enticing cologne.

PJ sneered his eyes leaning over to grab Dan's hands that were placed on the table top. He swiped them, cutting off Dan's stare down making the curly brunette snap his head towards him.

"Oh my dear, Juliet? Thou is not possibly considering falling in love with such Red Hawk?"

Dan tugged his hands away, rolling his eyes with a snotty look on his features. He leaned forward over the table with a stupid grin. "My impeccable cousin, Tybalt, thee apparently didn't pay attention to freshman English because thou is equivalent to "I" in Shakespearean language."

Peej leaned back in his seat, shrugging. "Well, if you think Rydell's Phil Lester is your Romeo, then thou is gonna kick thy's ass."

Dan fidgeted his feet looking up from the table to notice both of his friends, Dodie and Peej staring in slight concern. He laughed nervously as the warm air condensing him made his cheeks go all cherry.

They both looked at each other, holding in their breath with wide eyes, then looked back at Dan with condescending frowns.

Dan threw his arms out with his palms forward, mouth falling agape. "I looked at him once, people!"

Dodie giggled, shaking her head as she lifted her pink strawberry milkshake to her lips. 

Dan slouched as the crimson on his face faded. He placed his elbow on the table and leaned against his hand starting to draw circles into the marbled table top. "Plus, Lester is the weirdo at that party last—"

PJ slammed his hands down to the table, popping up from his seat abruptly cutting Dan off in mid sentence. "I thought you said there was no reason you wanted to leave!" Dan opened up his mouth but PJ smiled quickly reacting by rolling up his white long sleeves contorting his face into rage. "What a perfect excuse to beat some Rydell ass—"

Dan grabbed his best friend by the bottom of his shirt yanking him back down to sit. "Hush! It's fine, gee you are really like Tybalt—" he paused biting his tongue. "The whole thing was just odd, that's it."

Peej readjusted himself, furrowing his eyebrows. He folded his hands together putting them on the table. "Odd? Why?"

Dan looked down, shrugging. "It felt..." he stopped himself trying to lay the map out in his head. "It felt fake? Like to them—I'm this toy?"

Dodie slightly tilted her body forward, squinting her eyes contorting her face like she smelt rotten meat. "Ew."

Dan threw his head back in a little laugh. "Right?" He licked his lips pursing them into a smile. "Like, this random guy, Wesley, he grabbed my ass and it all seemed so fishy! Like Phil was supposed to barge in and—"

"Some guy grabbed your ass!?" PJ screamed which made the entire diner go silent. Ironically, a single fork slipped off a table and clinked when it hit the ground. Dan hid his face looking at his best friend through his fingers.

Dan hesitated as everyone went back to their dinners. "Yes but—"

"If I ever come to terms with this guy he better be fucking ready," PJ instantly started talking which in particular Dan wasn't fond of being shut up.

He huffed in annoyance and sunk himself into the back of his seat, crossing his arms tightly over his chest. "Of course with you, you've gotta fight with every Red Hawk you see."

The football player kept blubbering on to himself, in almost a pep-talk way. Readying himself to win an invisible feud. "I'll bop a bitch, no one touches Danny Howell like he's an—"

The younger cheerleader stopped and puffed out his cheeks holding in a loud laugh as he heard those words leave Peej's mouth. Then he gave in, instantly bursting out laughing and shaking his head. "Bop a bitch?" Dan snickered loudly. "You're kiddin' right?"

"What!?" He opened his arms with confusion and slight embarrassment weaved into his smile. "No one grabs my sweet little Dan's ass!"

Dan slammed his hand to his head, his intense chuckling shaking his body leaving his teeth to blind everyone in the area.

After about an hour more of discussing gossip, Dan and the gang decided to leave the diner.

Laughing and giggling merely like how they entered; they parted ways. Dodie and PJ rode in the same car leaving Dan to strut over to his Jeep alone. The only thing to light his way were the stars above his head.

He always walked with confidence, as if the floor beneath his feet he owned; though he wasn't cocky person, unless of course you gave him attitude then the sass monster would eat you whole.

Of course, this wasn't the end of the night as Dan opened the door his car; and Phil made sure of that.