Act 3, Scene 2

In which Eliza tries to escape her Japanese lessons:

    Eliza blinked.

Then she blinked again.

I don't...understand a thing! She cried mentally.

How come the Uchiha massacre still happened? Why was Sasuke Uchiha not in the village? Was it because the timeline was already fixed and couldn't be changed or was it because they hadn't change it yet?

How the frick frack would she learn crash course Japanese?!

Eliza was vaguely aware of herself hyperventilating when a comforting hand landed on her shoulder.

Madara sighed, stroking her hair. "Calm down."

"I am calm." She insisted with a meaningless glare. "I am the epitome of calm. I am the calm. I—!"

"You're having a panic attack."

She paused.

"Well, yes."

"You are hyperventilating." Madara continued slowly.

"Also true."

Madara stared at her dryly.

"You are not calm."

Her shoulders slumped. "No, I'm not." She agreed.

Madara gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I love you." He told her, his voice overflowing with affection.

"I..." Eliza blushed, "I love you too..."

Madara smirked, sliding a textbook towards her.

"Now study."

Eliza wailed. "Madara... I thought you loved me!"

     He chuckled. It was an evil chuckle.

-

     Madara sat down beside her, watching as she soldiered through reading books about kanji and the use of calligraphy brushes. His eyes thoughtful as he observed her.

     I'm sure I saw it. He told himself, for a brief moment back then...Eliza had the sharingan.

     He didn't imagine it. He couldn't have.

     We came to this world, he recounted to himself. And because Eliza did not have the type of chakra needed to survive here I gave her some of my own...

     He paused.

     That would mean as it merged with her, it changed her chakra type into one similar to mine. Madara speculated. As far as chakra nature is concerned she's an Uchiha.

     Madara frowned. No one could discover this truth or else Eliza would be in danger. A wave of protectiveness washed over him at the thought of some creep getting his hands on her.

     Should I tell her? Or...

-

     Eliza sighed, rubbing her eyes. They had been bothering her since arriving in this world. They itched and prickled worse than any allergies she'd ever had.