Act 1, Scene 7

"Big sis?"

     "Hm?"

     "I know what I want to do when I grow up." The boy grinned, "I want to save lives! Maybe be a police officer or a fireman!! Yeah!!! That's it!"

     "Keep your dreams realistic." Their mother frowned as she washed dishes, "there are lots of others ways to save lives...like being a doctor. Why don't you be a doctor?"

     "Stop it mom!" Eliza scoffed, "None of your three children want to be doctors."

     "I do." The youngest out of the three siblings stated as she adjusted her glasses. "I'll be a doctor."

     Elizabeth frowned, "Nat you don't need to be a doctor because mom forces her dreams on you..."

     "I do what—?!"

     "That was uncalled for Elizabeth." Natasha said disapprovingly. "You're in your final year of high school. Act like it. I want to be a doctor."

     "Prissy." Eliza snipped as she hugged their brother lovingly. "At least one of my siblings have dreams..." she cooed as she played with her brother's cheeks.

     Natasha whispered, "I have dreams..." she said, not that anyone cared to listen. "I hope one day we'll be a functional family..."

     There was a reason she wanted to be a doctor. She wanted to a doctor in hopes of satisfying her mother so that her siblings wouldn't have to feel the pressure. Natasha needed to be the perfect child so her siblings didn't have to.

     "Stop assaulting Jared's cheeks." Their father said sternly as he peeked up from his phone.

     "Get off your phone..." Eliza mumbled underneath her breath.

     "Did you say something?"

     "Nah!" Eliza shook her head as she began to chug a glass of milk.

     Jared's eyes widened and a huge grin stretched on his face. "Listen to this! So I was trying to talk to my non-Christian friends about god and i was like Yahweh! And then my friends were like—NAH-WAY!!"

     "PFFTTT!!!!" Eliza spat out her milk.

     "Elizabeth Collins! Where on earth are your manners?! Behave like a lady!" Her mother scolded as she cackled and placed her feet on the table.

"Like this?"

Jared burst into laughter, "Oh g-gosh!! I think my sides are going to be bruised...!"

Natasha frowned, "You're both idiots."

"Says the middle-schooler to the high-schooler. I get terrific grades thank you."

"And so do I." Natasha countered with narrowed eyes, "your point?"

Eliza shrugged, "Meh. I have lived through more life then you have."