Chapter 15 - U.A. Sports Festival

I hear Mina complain about not being able to wear her costume I was in the back having a bit more shut-eye before I had to participate in the Grand Magic Games 2.0 at least that was my plan until Iida came in and shouted for everyone to be ready. Izuku looked like he was about to die so I hugged him from behind he tensed more before I said, "Calm down, everyone is going to love you so try not looking so nervous." He nods his head and I let go of him and looked at his sparkling green eyes, 'Adorable.' I thought in my head.

"Midoriya." I hear Shoto's voice say as he walks up to him, "Hey Todoroki. What's up?"

"From an objective standpoint, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you." I'm surprised by what he said but he's not talking to me so I should just watch how this plays out.

"Uh— um, yeah."

"However, you've got All Might in your corner helping you out." Izuku tenses at this information, 'Is this now common knowledge to everyone?' I wonder.

"I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two. But know that I will beat you." I wrap my tail around Izuku's waist and growl lowly telling him to back off since he was making Izuku nervous and uncomfortable, Shoto only spares me a glance.

"Woah what's with all these declarations of war lately?" Denki asks.

"Yeah what's the big deal? Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? And right before we get started." Eijiro asks putting his hand on Shoto's shoulder who in return shakes it off.

"We're not here to be each other's friends. Don't forget this isn't a team effort." Shoto says then walking off, I then felt sad that he said that. Does that mean he doesn't consider me as a friend?

"Wait a second Todoroki." Midoriya tells him which makes him stop and glance at him, "I don't know what's going through your head or why you think you'd need to tell me that you'll beat me. And yeah of course you're better than me, in fact you probably have way more potential than anyone in the hero course. That's why you got in so easily." I only huffed at what Izuku said and looked to the side annoyed he thinks Shoto is stronger than me. 'Is he trying to take away potential mate?' I think in my head but quickly shake that thought away knowing that Shoto doesn't even want friends let alone a partner.

"Midoirya, maybe you're being a little hard on yourself, and us." Eijiro starts but get's interrupted by Izuku, "No, he's right, you guys, all the other courses they're coming for us with everything they've got. We're all going to have to fight to stand out, and I'll be aiming for the top too." Shoto turned around at the end of his speech and responds with, "Fine." After that entire speech Izuku made on the spot all he get's is a fine, no I'm going to beat you, no you won't stand a chance. Nothing like that?

I let go of Izuku's waist and put my hands behind my head and look up, "This world is weird." And before anyone could comment we hear an announcement, "Hey-o! Make some noise all you rabid sports fans! Get those cameras prepped, media hordes! This year, we're bringing you some of the hottest performances in U.A.'s festival history, guaranteed! I've only got one question before we start this show, are you ready? Let me hear you scream as our students make their way to the main stage!" I finally walk out of that rediculous hallway in between Izuku and Katsuki.

"Welcome back to the U.A. Sports Festival! Where up and coming heroes leave everything on the field as they fight for a chance to achieve worldwide fame and celebrity! This first group are no strangers to the spotlight! You know them for withstanding a villain attack they're the dazzling students lighting up your TVs with solid-gold skills. That's right! It's the hero course students of Class 1-A!"

I wasn't phased with this crowed, actually it almost felt like I was back in the Grand Magics Games trying to win the jewels for Gramps. I sort of wished Fairy Tail was here to cheer me on. I thought bitterly but then I felt Izuku scared as he said, "I didn't know there'd be so many people." I held his hand trying to make him feel more comfortable.