Chapter 18: Wings

Soon bulk essentially challenged Zack to a dance off which Zack obviously won, it ended in bulk and skull both slamming into 5 golden pillars, knocking them all down as everyone laughed at them.

"I guess you taught them a new dance." Kimberly said with a laugh as Tommy joined us.

"Yea, the crash and burn." He said as the others laughed while Zack just shook his head.

"Nah he just tripped himself up, just like I'm gonna do at the dance contest." Zack said sadly making me huff but before I could yell at him for having such little faith in himself, he walked off.

"Zack seems to be expirencing a transient deficiency in self esteem." Billy said as he looked at him friend walk away sadly, the others looked confused except Trini and I.

"He means, he doesn't have enough confidence in himself." Trini softly explained sadly as she glanced at her retreating friend before he was out of eyesight.

"Alright, Zacks cool, he'll get over it." Jason said as I just stared at him like he had two heads.

"Your friend doesn't have enough confidence in himself, and you just let him walk away? I may be new to friends but even I know that when a friend feels like that, you should at least try to make them feel better." I said in annoyance as I looked at my friends with a slightly disapointed look before standing next to Tommy. Suddenly a big earthquake hit as the whole building shook at the intensity, we all held onto each other as we tried to stay balanced.

"What's going on?!" Trini shouted as lightning flashed outside and we all huddled together.

"We need to contact Zordon!" Jason said as he quickly pressed a button on his communicator.
"Rangers to Zordon!" Jason said as we all panicked.

"Yes, Jason, I know. I'm picking up unusual power surges from Rita's moon base. The energy is more massive then any I have sensed before. Rita may be harnessing a power I am unfamiliar with. Be on your guard!" As Zordon finished speaking we could hear a faint beeping alarm and Alpha panicking.

"Gotcha, we gotta find Zack and let him know what's going on." Jason said to us as we started moving towards the exit before we heard the voice of two boys from under a table.

"Tommy what's going on?" Tommy looked at them and back at us.

"I can't leave my students." He said as Jason nodded.

"I understand." Jason said before leading the others out.

"I'll stay with Tommy, contact me if you need any help." I said as I ran back Tommy to the two boys.

"Don't worry guys! It'll be alright!" Tommy said before some dust from the ceiling started to come down from above them. I got to the door to see Tommy trying to calm the two boys down when I heard cracking and looked up. The ceiling above them was cracking fast!

"Tommy!" I yelled as I saw the ceiling coming down before shooting over to them and putting my arms around them as the sound of heavy matalic scraping and banging sounded through the room.

The ground stopped shaking. The dust cleared the two boys opened their eyes and looked around as shinny metal gleamed around them. The sharp metal had breathtaking carvings into it as it created a type of dome like shape around them. Their eyes followed the metal to its origin but only found me. I smiled weakly at them before whincing at the rubble digging into my back, I felt liquid drip down my forehead and neck as an intense pressure built up on my shoulders.

"Wow." The boys stared in awe at the metal originating from me as Tommy seemed to finally notice they weren't all crushed under rubble and he slowly opened his eyes. He gasped as he looked around at the metal that stopped the rubble before checking on the boys and making sure they were alright. I felt liquid running down my back and I whimpered from pain as one of the boys tugged on Tommy's shirt.

"Tommy! Look!" He whispered and my ears rang slightly. Tommy looked at what the young boy was pointing at and a shocked gasp came from him. I finally regained my bearings and although I was in great pain, I still managed to push myself up as the metal rose up and the rubble fell off around the 4 of us. The metal retracted from it dome like shape to reveal a set of sharp and shining metal wings.

When I stood up fully I stretched my wings only to wince as the base of my wings ached as blood ran down my back, the metal 'feathers' closest to the base had thin lines of blood dripping down them and into the floor. After a few seconds of standing I felt my wings liquify, the streams of liquid metal flowed into my back and the base of my wings healed over as if nothing happened. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my head as my abilities tried to heal my wounded head making me yelp, falling to my knees on the floor. I looked at Tommy who was still in shock before one of the boys came over and started helping me.

"I'll go find a first aid kit!" The other boy said as he ran of leaving only the boy helping me with Tommy and I in an awkward silence.

"How did you do that?! It was so cool!" The boy helping me asked excitedly as I looked at him.

"Its a long story." I answered the kid with a small, tired smile.

"Can you do anything else?" Tommy asked quietly, seemingly to shocked to raise his voice.

"I-I," I stuttered as I got scared. I put my head down and asked the shadows to fix the ceiling, they complied, all the drywall going back into its proper place as the cracks disappeared.

"I wish I could have powers like that." The boy said as I rolled my eyes slightly.

"I can promise you kid, you don't want to have powers like me. Always having to hide it, not being able to do anything in fear of everyone leaving you when you know you could help, not having real friends who like you for you and not just because your powers are useful to them. Trust me kid, you don't want superpowers." I said to the kid as I got up. The other kid came back with the first aid kit but by then I was already walking to the door.

"Please don't tell anyone about this. I keep this a secret for a reason." I told them as I left.