Chapter 8: Nicknames

"What nicknames did you give the Rangers?" Jason asked as I parked my truck in the school parking lot, we still had a good 15 minutes before classes.

"Well, Tommy already knows my nickname for the green ranger which, is greenbean. Yellow is buttercup, pink is sakura, blue is snowdrop, black is orca and red is poppy." I finished as we all got out and entered the school. At some point when I was talking Trini and Billy joined us and we walked over to where Zack and Kimberly were talking.

"I like the nicknames, but why did you choose those?" Trini asked as Billy nodded as a sign he wanted to know as well. I guess Kim and Zack heard to because after Trini said that Kim spoke up.

"What nicknames?" She asked with her head slightly tilted to the left as we all stopped in front of her and Zack.

"Fox gave the Rangers nicknames and Trini wants to know the reason she chose the nicknames." Billy explained as Kim and Zack made an 'ohhh' sound as they got caught up to the conversation.

"So what'd you nickname them?" Zack asked as I sighed playfully at their curiosity.

"I named the green ranger greenbean because I thought it sounded like a fitting nickname and since he's dressed in green. I names the yellow ranger buttercup because they are small and delicate but it's roots are very tough and have over 500 members of the ranunculeae family that grow in different environments which shows that they can adapt to a range of climates, they are also poisonous." I paused to take a breath and looked to see they were surprised at my knowledge of the flower and Trini seemed to have a slight smile on her face. 'Why smile when I'm talking about the yellow ranger? You make these things so obvious.' I thought and then jumped back into explaining.

"I call the pink ranger sakura because it means cherry blossom in Japanese as in a cherry blossom tree, after cherry blossoms bloom they only last for 2 weeks which makes it rare to catch a glimpse of them at their full beauty and grace but the wood of the tree is strong and is resistant to rot and decay as well as being moderately durable and flexible." I paused again and Kimberly smile in what seemed to be appreciation.

"The blue ranger has the nickname snowdrop, because they are the first flowers to bloom after winter and they can survive in the cold temperatures better then other flowers, which means that they are special because they can do something that other flowers can't do. Snowdrops also have an innocence and gentleness to them that other flowers don't have. They also symbolise hope, hope that the cold winter months will end to bring a new warmth into our lives. They may not be something blue but I think the meaning suits the blue ranger." Billy smiled and nodded, seeming to like the meaning.

"The black ranger is Orca, also knows as the killer whale because I feel like he can be a little cocky and take on more then he can handle at once kinda like an orca. Orcas got the name killer whales because sailors have seen groups of then hunt whales bigger then them, which lead to the name whale killer, but was switched around to killer whale later on. Orcas are also an apex predetor too so no other animal tries to fight them, but although they are very dangerous, they are very beautiful and very protective of their young as well as being highly social." Again, I paused to take a breath and looked to see everyone starring at me intently, Jason especially.

"Lastly, the red ranger, is poppy. I picked poppy because the red ranger reminds me of me uncle Adrian who died while serving the Russian military 6 years ago. The poppy is a symbol for war victims and as a sign for veteran appreciation month. I feel like the red ranger would like having the nickname poppy because of the importance of the flower to people all over the world and to be able to show respect to the soldiers who have died in war and I'm not just talking about Russian soldiers, I mean american soldiers too." As I finished my explanation I saw a sad smile on Jasons face.

"I think the Rangers would like those nicknames. And I'm sure the red ranger would be honored to have such an important nickname." Jason said as he tried to blink his tears away.

"Okay, now! We need to go to clas if that's alright with you guys!" I quickly said as I was getting awkward. Kimberly looked at her watch and jumped.

"She's right, the bell is gonna ring in 3 minutes come on guys!" She said as we all walked to class.

💫after class💫

We all walked out of class and we all hungout in a circle talking until the warning bell for next class rang.

"Great. Time for exercise. Woo hoo." I said sarcastically.

"Yea, we should probably get to class now. Don't me, you and Tommy have gym together Fox?" Kimberly asked as Tommy and I nodded. I went to my locker and got my gym bag out and Kimberly, Tommy and I all walked to gym together. Kim and I walked into the girls changeroom after separating from Tommy and that's when Kimberly said something that made me laugh.

"Fair warning, apparently the school is having this like, test for everyone that's gonna last like 3 weeks for a kind of military thing. I heard that they brought in a captian from the military to help us. According to everyone in gym yesterday, the guy is like, really tough." Kimberly told me as she changed into her gym clothes, I laughed because I've been through military style training when I asked my brother to train me. Let's just say, people steered clear of me after I finished my training.

"I'm sure it will all be fine Kimberly. We are highschool students, remember? They will not go as hard on us as people in the actual military. It will still be hard, but not as bad as what real soldiers have to go through." I told her making her sigh as she nodded and I pulled my shirt over my head to put on my workout clothes.

(with black military combat boots pants are purple)I put my hair in a ponytail after changing my pants and then put my clothes and bag in my gym locker

I put my hair in a ponytail after changing my pants and then put my clothes and bag in my gym locker. Kimberly and I walked out of the change room and into the gym were we spotted Tommy playing basketball with a few boys in the class since class technical hasn't started yet.

Eleonix, violet ranger(Book One In The Violet Ranger Series)((ON HOLD))On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara