Chapter 13: Intruder

I opened my door but when it was about 2 inched open I noticed my window, fully open. Now, I know I usually climb in through my window but I will only leave it slightly open so I can get in. That means that someone opened it and no one in my family would do that so that means I probably have an unwanted visiter in my room. Well, I'd hate to be them right now then. I stepped back and walked to a little door a few feet away in a broom closet, you see, my room has a big crawlspace next to it which has a hidden door in the back of my closet, as well as a door in the hallway closet. I usually keep my personal or secret stuff in their because it's a pretty big room. I keep all my hunting and camp supplies in it aswell as a small chill, slightly NSFW, room.

I know, it's strange to basically have a mini armory next to my room. I went to my hunting and camp supplies and grabbed my purple baseball bat and a DLX blackout helmet then walked out the door that lead into my closet quietly and peeked through my closet door into my room and saw a person standing by my desk to the left of me as they seemed to wait. I quickly but quietly got out of the closet when their back was turned and hid behind the small couch in my room when the person spoke.

"Alpha, are you sure this is the right house? It's dark out and they aren't here yet." A familier masculine voice questioned quietly from the person when a high pitched almost rebotic voice responded.

"I'm sure I got the address right! I triple checked it before informing you!" 'Alpha' said as the person sighed, while they were distracted I quietly snuck up behind the person but when I was about 5 steps away from them the robotic voice spoke again, this time sounding panicked.

"Behind you!! Look out!" It shreeked making the person turn around as I ran at them quickly and hit them as they raised their arm in defence.

"Hey! I'm not here to fight! I just want to talk!" The person said as I jumped and kicked him in the chest before pinning them down to the ground with their hands under my knees as I straddled the intruder.

"You broke into my room and you are saying you just want to talk?! I don't think you understand, ANYONE who comes into my room is a deadman!" I growled at the person as they nodded, the only light in the room was the moonlight coming from my window so I could only see the reflections of the light on the persons helmet so I decided not to do anything that could reveal myself. "If you just want to talk then you won't mind if I take that damned helmet off." I said as I quickly managed to take their helmet off, much to their protest. I looked at their face and saw a familiar face.

"Jason Scott?" I asked as his helmet started rolling away on the floor. He closed his eyes, sighed and nodded.

"Yea, it's me. Now, who are you and why did you do that yesterday?" He asked me as I remembered my helmet. I slid my bat away and got off of him before helping him up.

"I don't know what your talking about, Poppy!" I said as I acted dumb to see if he'd catch onto the nickname.

"Don't play dumb. We know it wa- wait. Poppy? But the only person who knows about that nickname is..." He trailed off as he looked at me making me smile and laugh as I turned on the lights and took off my helmet.

"Fox?!" He exclaimed in shock as I gave him a bored expression.

"No shit, Sherlock. What gave it away? It's not like I have a very prominent Russian accent!" I said sarcastically. "Why are you even in my room?" I asked him since it's very very weird for him to randomly be in my room after my date with Tommy.

"It would be better if I explained all of this later in detail. Right. Now, all I can really tell you is that, you have been chosen to be a power ranger. But, we needed to figure out who you were though so, Alpha traced your signature back here and then I came here to find out who you were. By the way, how did you know I was in here and where the heck did you even come from?" Jason asked, a little bewildered which made me laugh and point to the window.

"I always leave my window open because I have a habit of climbing in here through the window, I only leave a open enough so I can still open it from the outside. I never leave it fully open. As for where I came from, my mama." I answered him with a smirk as he rolled his eyes. "And also, yes Ill be a power ranger. Well, you now know it's me and we have the questions done and over with I think, so what now?" I ask him as he shrugs before I look around and notice his helmet is still on the ground so I walk over and pick it up before handing it to him.

"I think you might want this back."I said as he took it and put it on.

"I should probably go now." He said but I thought of something I to ask but I was hesitant since it would raise some flags.

"Hey, Jason? Since I've agreed to be a power ranger does this mean that... You know what? Nevermind. It's nothing." I said as I looked down before a hand was placed on my shoulder making me look up to see Jason in front of me.

"Hey, you can ask anything. Although, I may not know the answer to everything." He said as he look at me through his visor. I took a deep breath before I decided to ask the question that's bugging me.

"Jason, since I am a power ranger and we are a team does that mean, does it mean I have to be more open with you guys? Like, I mean, with things that are a little more personal?" I asked him as I looked down, he was silent for a moment before letting out a breath.

"You don't have to share things with us if your not ready for it. Just know that when you are ready, we are willing to listen." He said as I gave him a small smile.

"Thanks Jason. That means a lot."