Kamijiro- insecurities

Jiro POV

I was walking back to my dorm after class had ended. it was a warm Friday evening and I was exhausted, I still had some studying to do for an exam next week. my heart sank a little as the thought of studying overtook and replaced the feeling of being able to finally relax. almost the feeling that its Friday but then someone tells you its still Thursday. I was sunk in my own thoughts when a familiar voice called to me. I turned around to see kaminari running up to me.

"Hey, Jiro! do you wanna hang out later, maybe study a tiny bit?" his goofy voice echoed. Mina always suspected that we had a thing for each other but I keep telling her no. even if I started thinking or feeling differently towards him. it wasn't as if I felt uncomfortable with him hanging out in my dorm with me so I replied,

"yeah, that's cool. meet me in my dorm, kay?" i smiled slightly at the thought of it being just the two of us before snapping back to reality and forcing myself to ignore the wonders lurking in my head. i refuse to let myself be hurt again.

"Yup, that's fine, see you later, Jiro." he cheered. we walked back to the dorm building discussing random topics, that was until Mina pulled me aside and said to Kaminari

"Hi I just need to borrow Kyoka for a minute, kay?" he nodded before walking inside and as soon as the door shut i tried to ask her what she wanted but she interrupted me.

"Whats goin' on with you two?" she asked with a smirk

"What do you mean, Mina?" i nervously asked. i knew full well what she was implying.

"well i just cant help but notice that you seem to smile differently when youre with him...alone" she replied with another smirk. i shakily replied,

"W-well you know how it is with different people that you know you act differently and...stuff...y-you know uh."

"Is that what i think it means?!" she almost squealed.

"N-no, shut up, i meant that for example, you don't talk to someone like Midoria like you would to Hagakure, or you wouldn't behave the same towards me like you would with kirishima or something." i explained helplessly trying to hide any sort of affection towards that Pikachu doofus. however, Mina was not convinced and gave me the smirk again

"Okaaaay" she said and walked me into the dorms. even if i did like him, i would never even stand a chance. hes into girls like Momo and Ochaco with their ridiculously curvy bodies that make me look like a chopping board. i never show it but it makes me sad to know that i cant be like them sometimes. no matter what i do to make myself look a little better, no one will ever really love me.

(Timeskip)

Kaminari POV

i got ready to leave my dorm room after everyone else had settled down in their own rooms. if Mina saw me going into Jiro's room, it woud be literal hell for the next month or so. i knocked on her door and straight away, the handle turned and the door opened to reveal the purple haired girl in a black hoodie and dark purple jeans. if there ever was a more beautiful girl in class 1a it would be her. ive liked Jiro for a long, long time. ever since our first training exercise, i was just lost in her. sure she makes fun of me all the time and is straight up savage, but shes still so sweet when im alone with her. its like she opens up more. hearing her sing at the festival nearly brought me to tears just because of her voice alone. at the time i just said it was from nervousness to anyone who asked even Jiro herself. i still feel pretty bad about that. she motioned for me to come in and i sat in a bean bag whilst she sat in her desk chair. after a bit of studying and joking around, we read half a chapter of the book we needed to read for English class. it was some old romance tale from the 50s, about a girl having a crush on someone but he dates this other girl. it was so boring.