Two: Treasure

Edit on the side is mine... no video tho :/

Two: Treasure

- - - - - Elsa - - - - - 

"Elsie, hun.", a soft voice called out to me as I opened my eyelids.

"Veer?", I turned around to see my sister smiling brightly.

She smiled. "Wake up, sis."

"YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!", she smacked a pillow across my sleepy head, which got me off in the wrong foot.

I pushed her away from me and stuck my tongue at her, "You are too!"

"In my defense, high school's pretty much over for me.", she replied with a smug smile. "I'm off to college in two weeks, remember?"

"Oh yeah...", I frowned at the thought of her leaving. It would never be the same if she left...

She's been taking care of me, Anna and Daddy ever since Mommy died, and I couldn't imagine life without Vera Lynn ready there to tick off her grocery list or make her special lasagna.

Vera Lynn gave my cheek a squeeze, "Don't be such a baby, Elsie. London isn't too far away."

"It is 'cause we'd have to travel seven states to get to New York,", I paused. "AND then to get on a plane to London, and your school just won't appear right there once we get off the plane."

"It is kinda far, but I'll call you every night to make sure that you feed Pepper the right cat biscuit, and to make sure that Daddy doesn't work too much during Saturdays.", she said with a tinge of gloom in her tone.

"But still, everything's gonna change.", I felt tears brimming my eyes.

Vera Lynn smiled warmly and offered a big bear hug, "Everything changes, Elsie. Change is not the challenge. The challenge is how you're gonna adapt to it. And, by the time we finish this sisterly talk, you'd be missing the first two classes."

My eyes wandered to the digital clock on my bedside table reading, 7:35, "Oh God."

Vera Lynn and I came down to see Anna, who was all dressed up nicely, with her hair all tied up in two loose braids. 

"Good morning, you two ladies.", Dad nodded to us from the dining table

Anna looked back at him, "What about me, Daddy?"

Daddy took a second glance at what his daughter was wearing. A short leather skirt, and a shimmery purple top. Please, I don't even want to talk about the stuff she's wearing on her face.

He rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, Anna, darling. You'll always look like a sweet little girl to me."

I giggled, and Veer soon laughed along with me, and we got some cold stares from Anna. And then something very familiar came up to me in the form of the snowflake necklace she was wearing.