Seventeen: Just Getting Started

Oh my, we're already at Seventeen! That's like, my favorite number. 
Aaaand, by this time around, all my other books would have already reached their "overly dramatic" parts and climaxes, but this one, this one is just getting started. Wow. This book will be longer than I thought.

The header above was made by me. Not drawn by me, but colored by me. Quite nice, huh? 

Anyway, hope you like this update. Stayed up pretty late for this, and well, it's a consecutive update! Yay! 

 - - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳ 

 "Good morning, Daddy," I greeted Daddy as he got down from the stairs. The scent of strawberry and butter filled the room— as I was cooking Anna and Daddy pancakes, and blending a jar of strawberry smoothies. This was normally how mornings were with Mommy, well, except Vera Lynn was the one helping Mommy, while I was sound asleep— or pretending to be sleeping, since I don't like to help with chores.

But now, I guess I'd love to take it all back. I would love to go back in time— join Vera and Mommy in cooking everything, before I knew they were gone.

Daddy approached me with a hug, "Good morning, Elsa, darling. Seems like you're pretty giddy today."

"That's because she just got kissed last night," Anna exclaimed as she took the milk carton from the refrigerator. She looked at me quite smugly— knowing that she just spilled a secret of mine.

I rolled my eyes, and dumped a stack of pancakes on her plate— preparing myself for a series of questions from Daddy.

"Who's the guy?" Daddy asked, not really showing signs of dismay.

Anna looked at me as she spilled more, "Well, actually they're two."

"Shut up, Anna," I warned her— declining to pour out my strawberry smoothie onto her outstretched hand holding her glass.

"One was that popstar," she continued, nevertheless. "And the other was-"

"Stop it Anna!" I yelled, a little too early in the morning.

Daddy was startled, pulling away his coffee cup from his lips. He sternly exclaimed, "Who is the guy, Elsa?"

Anna smirked at me, knowing that I had no choice but to say the truth.

"His name is Jack. Jack Frost," I spoke out in deep breaths. I abandoned the kitchen area to sit down and sulk on my seat.

"You mean that guy I accidentally sent all your letters to?" Daddy continued his questions— biting off a piece of his maple syrup-covered pancake.

"Yeah," I nodded in reply. "That's him."

"You mean," he stared at me, trying to comprehend what he just did to my entire love life. "He came out here for you? All because of those letters?"

"Yes, that's a less weird way to explain why ten trailers and a million cameras are out here on North Carolina," I shrugged.

"All because of your letters?" Daddy raised his voice. "Whatever did you write there, Elsa?"

"My feelings, and a lot of whatnots," I giggled— taking a sip of my smoothie. "I don't really know. It just magically happened, like magic."