Nine: Got It Bad

I'm back! Hooray~
Here's a fine new chapter for all of you guys, and hope you VOTE and COMMENT <3 yay

Nine: Got It Bad

- - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳

"Hey, cheer up, Elsie.", Robin says as he held my hand. "You don't wanna look all red and puffy on your first day."

I looked up at the light pink canopy on top of a large glass window. It was my first day at work today, and it just got perfectly timed up with the day that Vera Lynn was leaving. It took me forever to let go of her in the airport, but when I did, I was crying like Ordon Spring.

There wasn't much people inside the shop, so that gave me a little sense of relief towards myself and my face. The sign above read, Flurries, signaling that it's a quaint ice cream shop.

"Thanks, Robin.", I replied to him. "But I don't think I'll be okay anytime soon."

"I know, Els.", he says with one of his smiles. "But I'll be here for you. Know that."

I gave him a smile in return, and entered the chiming door of the shop.

"Lucky duck. You'll be living in your own sweet ice palace for the next two months.", Robin says as he looked up at the patterned ceiling.

"And, I have like fifteen flavors of ice cream to keep me company.", I laugh along with him.

It was pretty chilly inside, compared to the Carolina summer temperature outside of the shop. A few children were licking away cones and sundaes, and I caught sight of a girl dressed in the same uniform; a mint green blouse, with a matching cap.

I walked towards her, as she scooped up a large dollop of strawberry ice cream on a little girl's cup. She winked at me and whispered, "Don't tell Boss that I give out free scoops!"

I laughed and held out my hand, "I'm Elsa Hale."

"Barbara.", she smiled, shaking my hand. "Barbara Gordin. Or simply Barbs or Babs, or something cooler than Barbie."

"Cool! I've found another one of 'em, Elsie.", Robin says. "I'm Robin Grayson, and your parents must be hardcore fans, huh?"

"Thank goodness, someone understands me.", Babs says with a sigh. "Even my dad's name is Roger."

I awkwardly waved my hand, "Hate to break your reunion, Batgirl and Robin... I'm still here."

"Hey, I'd never forget, 'bout you, Star.", Robin says with a smile. "Anyway, I have to go home. Have fun in your first day."

He squeezes my hand a bit, and heads to the door.

"Girl, you got a cute boyfriend.", Babs says.

I whipped my head to her, and tried not to blush, "He's not my boyfriend."

"Really? You seem pretty close, and the dude clearly has a thing for you.", she says and squeezes a bottle of caramel syrup on a cone. "But hey, it's not in my place to say anything about your relationship."

I shake my head at her statement. Robin and I have just been friends for nearly... forever, and if he did like me... well, that would be a little awkward, but I know he would at least say it. And it would be a terribly long shot if he did like me. He's not into me. He's not into people like me. He's too good for me. I don't deserve the love he's willing to give. I just... I just don't.