The group stopped and laughed.

'Why can't I stop?' Rigaku held his stomach. 'It never happ—'

A rough cough interrupted them as Freya gripped her throat.

"Freya-chan!" Aiyoku supported her.

She waved her hand, letting the coughs escape. Rigaku offered her a cup of water from the nearby machine. She accepted it once she calmed down.

Kagetsu bent his body, putting his hands on his knees. "Is this because of your injury?" His eyes ventured to her burned skin.

Freya nodded.

"Sorry."

She fist-bumped him into the shoulder.

"Ah!" Their youngest sibling leaped onto his feet as if he saw a ghost. "Candy Face!"

The middle sibling's expression paled, and he dashed down the hall.

"You left me!" Kagetsu chased him into the depths of the academy, leaving the rest behind.

Rigaku placed down his glasses, cleaning them.

Freya observed him. 'He is quite charming too.'

"It seems I have a lot of time on my hands now," he said as he put them back. "I should visit Mr. Smith-san to ensure him I'm alright. I ow him that after that fright."

The girl nodded, and they headed into the school library. Fellow students watched them and snapped a few photographs, whispering about Freaka getting a harem of popular guys.

Girls could only clench their teeth and bottle their anger since they were scared to approach any of them. It wasn't just because of Ueno, who witnessed both scenes.

"How dare she!" she mumbled. "She needs to learn a lesson." Ueno folded her arms. "But I'll let you enjoy your time before that. Revenge is best boiled slowly and served hot."

"Ueno-sama!" the Student Council Head Nobu burst into the hall. With the folder, he covered the embarrassing stain. "Punish Rigaku-san!"

She gave him a death stare, that he froze. "Nobody orders me!"

"Ah-Ah, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" He bowed, more leaves falling from his hair. The other members gathered behind him, keeping a distance.

"It's your fault you are so incompetent." Her cold eyes narrowed. "Getting chased like headless chickens by your kouhai?" She tossed her curls over her shoulder. "Why should I help you when you can't even stand up?" Ueno turned away from them. "Just pick the correct winner, got it?"

All the members clenched their teeth, raging inside. To tell the truth, they had gotten their positions as favors from her. Who wouldn't accept a free boost for their status? Getting on Ueno's good side meant having a simple time graduating.

With each of them surpassing their anger, they had to let go of their grudge against Rigaku and comply. If she had a use for him, they couldn't lay a finger on him. In the meantime, they needed to get a suitable replacement for all those annoying tasks.

\\_(''>_<'')_//

Much later, when Freya returned to her apartment, she stopped by the threshold with a sigh. 'Right, a futon from now on.'

Inside her room, she glanced around, noticing how small it was. Yet, she didn't find it depressing.

'I'm home.' Her eyes landed on the photograph. 'Hi, dad. I've met three guys who ticked off me at first, but they seem to be a good bunch. I think you would like them.'