Chapter 11.

As Dougie and I walked back to the pub, a few people recognized him. He took pictures and signed some albums. He got a lot of questions to who I was and if I was his girlfriend. I was amazed at how he was able to jump to another subject without answering the question. He talked to them for a while, now and then I would jump in if they let me. I knew how they all felt, I felt the same when I first saw Dougie in the club. I remembered how he helped me up when I was to drunk to walk on heels. I remember our kiss that night, how passionate it was. I also remembered the night I spend at his hotel room, how there was no pressure to do anything I didn't want to do. He was so gentle when it came to my feelings. 

The George was absolutely packed with people who finished work for the day. I even saw a few of my colleagues enjoying a beer or two. I managed to walk in unseen by any of the people I knew. Not that I wanted this to be a secret, but I wanted to enjoy a little bit more before it gets out there. After all, we only met a week ago. 

When we walked up to the table, we saw that Tom managed to get Matt and James here. When James saw me and Dougie, he got up and gave me a hug. I was a bit startled because I did not expect this. 'So you are the one who presented them with this idea?' he questioned. 'Uhm, yes.' was all I could say. He smiled at me and said how it would be so much fun. ' So, uhm, you and Dougie. What's up with that.' he asked. I looked at Dougie, not knowing what to say. 'We are, uhm, just friends at the moment. Nothing for you to stick your nose in yet.' he laughed. James studied our faces and let it go. I don't think he believed much of what Dougie said.

The next few hours they spend talking about ideas for the show and how they would keep it a secret that Matt and James would perform with them. They also talked about Charlie. Charlie was part of Busted, but also the reason that the band broke up after only three years. I guess Charlie wasn't feeling it. James and Matt didn't really get over it and they were happy that they could be a part of McFly's ten year anniversary. After all, McFly wouldn't have existed without Busted. 

I pulled on Dougies arm, 'if we want to get home, we need to leave now.' I said. Dougie agreed that it was enough for tonight. He needed a good night sleep in a nice comfortable bed. 'Guys, we are leaving. I'm getting a bit tired and I have to drop Jen of at her house. Are we meeting up tomorrow?' Dougie stated. Harry looked at Tom and Danny, while they looked at James and Matt. Tom was the first one to speak. 'Let's see tomorrow, if where up for it.' he grinned. 

We decided on taking a taxi and cuddled up in the back seat talking to each other about the evening and how we had enjoyed the company we had. I explained to him that evening though I moved in a couple of months ago the house was not furnished. I didn't give him a reason, but he didn't say anything or looked at me funny. 

I was nervous when I opened the door to my house for him, I let him walk in first and let him look around. Somehow he was amazed by my house and I explained to him that all my new furniture would be arriving tomorrow. When I said this, he grabbed his phone and said that I needed help tomorrow. And the end of it, Dougie had made sure that Tom, Harry and Danny would come with their girlfriends and wife. James had to catch his flight in the morning and Matt had to take care of his kids. 

The next day I couldn't remember how I got to my bed, the last thing I remembered was Dougie carrying my up the stairs. I must have fallen asleep. And now I was looking at him, he was fast asleep. Today was my last day off and I intended to enjoy every single minute of it. 

As soon as I got dressed, the door bell rang and I heard some familiar voices, some laughing and talking. While I made breakfast for everyone, they talked about their upcoming shows and their plans regarding Matt and James. I was looking at Dougie, without him noticing, and I was amazed at how happy and free he seemed to be. Less troubled than he used to be. I don't know if it was me that made him feel this way, it didn't really matter what makes him happy. If he was happy, I should be happy too.

And in this moment, for the first time in months, I was really happy.