Chapter 10.

Never in a million years I would've thought to see him again. He left the hotel I work in and after that we had seen each other a couple of times. We had a thing, I can't say a relationship cause it wasn't that at all. We slept together every once in a while, but that's all. He didn't want anything else and I agreed cause I was leaving soon. I had never thought about coming back for him anyways. I knew he worked somewhere else and thought he had moved there as well. My thoughts were barely holding it together, it was a mess inside my head. 

'Same here.' I stuttered. 'I've missed you, I've really missed you.' he said quietly. I have no idea how to respond. Here is the guy I was crazy about just last year before I left. The guy that didn't want anything else than sleep with me and I let him. To be honest I was head over heels for him and he knew it. I was heartbroken when I came home. I missed him. At night my dreams were about him, every song I heard made my thoughts go to him, every film I watched made me feel sad. And to hear him say now that he missed me, makes my heart ache a little bit. He had every chance to contact me and he didn't. I don't want to tell him that I had missed him, I really don't want to go down that road again.

'I guess I've missed you too.' I admitted. When I said that his smile got bigger. I just hoped that he wouldn't expect to much from me or this situation. It wasn't my fault that things didn't work out last year, it was his. 'I uh, I have to go. I'm supposed to meet someone right now.' I said as I looked on my phone to see the time. 'I'll see you around then.' Was all he said before walking away. 

When I walked away all I could think off was why he was still here and if us running into each other was a coincidence. I didn't really believe in coincidences, he probably heart it from one of our mutual friends at the hotel that I was back or he checked my Facebook page. 

I realized that I had to hurry to meet Dougie on time, although he would probably forgive me for running late. I was very curious as in why he wanted to show me something and with what it had to do with. 

The George nearly empty, so it was easy to spot Dougie in a seat all the way in the back. Maybe he didn't want to be recognized, which was fine with me. The less publicity he gets while being here, the better. I didn't feel like ending up on the first page with a heading that made me look like a slut who was after his fame. Even if we would end up dating, I would want to keep it a secret from the word as long as I could. Life was already hard, having the whole world watching would be unbearable.

I waved at Dougie when he saw me coming in and he got up to greet me. 'Hello pretty girl, how was your day?' he smirked. I realized that when he laid eyes on me, his whole face lit up. I've never had this experience before, that someone could be so happy to see me. And all I had done, was being myself. 'My day is just getting better.' I beamed at him. 

Before it could go any further, the waiter interrupted us. Maybe that was a good thing, we should really slow down. We only knew each other for a week and already there was this deep connection. As if we had known each other for years. Even his band mates seemed to like me. 

An hour later I saw Tom walking in, followed by Harry and Danny. They were all smiling and joking. This is how I knew them. Tom walked up to me and smiled 'Good to see you and thank you for meeting us.' Even his eyes were smiling and I guessed he was genuinely happy to see me.

The whole reason Dougie wanted me there is to show what they were planning to do for their ten year anniversary. I guess it was no secret I liked their music and them confiding in me with their plans made me feel save. Maybe it's weird to say that, but for the first time in forever it seemed that I was making new friends, new memories and best of all, plans. They expected me to be there, even though it was still a few months away. 

'Look, we need to make this special. Any of you got an idea.' Harry wondered. 'Uhm, I could think of something. If you don't want to hear it, that fine.' I shyly said. Harry thoughtfully glanced at me and I was ready to jump up and leave when he said 'Since we don't have any ideas, let's hear yours!'. With a lump in my throat I started rambling about how they got started and that maybe they could do something with that. At first they looked at me like I was crazy. But Dougie whispered in my ear to go on. 'Maybe you could ask James and Matt to perform a few songs with you. People loved Busted and were devastated to hear that they broke up. I know people who still listen to their songs.' I mumbled. Tom started laughing and backed me up. He picked up his phone and started texting as a crazy person.

I looked at Dougie and nodded at the door. He understood what I was trying to say and got up. He told Harry and Danny that we were going for a walk and that we join them for dinner afterwards. Tom was still busy on the phone talking to people, Danny and Harry started making a list of things that needed to be done.

For a few minutes we walked in silence, hand in hand and far away in our own little bubble. I stopped walking and glared at Dougie. His eyes met mine and held my gaze for a few seconds, before he kissed me intensely. Before I knew it, my hands were around his neck and I was pulling him closer. 

'Stop, stop. We can't do this here, unless you want to be in the papers tomorrow.' Dougie whispered as he pulled away. 'I know.' I said as I hid my face in his neck. We stood there for a couple of minutes, just having his arms around me was enough for me. All I wanted was to get to a place, where could lay together. 'Do you wanna stay the night at my house.' I asked. As he studied my face, I said 'I just want to have a few moment with you privately without having to worry about people seeing us'. He took my hand and put it on his chest. I could feel his heart pounding and I smiled. 'We have to get back.' He muttered. The only thing I could do was smile during the walk back. To me it didn't matter anymore that my house had no furniture, that it was empty and cold. All I could think of was our time together, laying in bed whiled cuddling and talking. I was never so happy before.