Chapter 2.

By the time I came home, I was buzzing. It had been a long time since I had been out and about. I went upstairs to look through my clothes, thinking what to wear tonight, I couldn't find that black dress I wanted to wear. Oh well, I'll find something else. My phone lit up a text from Heather "Hi gurl, okay if I bring a few people with us? Like Chris, Mairead and whoever want to come".  A smile appeared on my face, this night would be awesome. I love my collegea's to death. "The more, the better" I texted back. All got back from Heather was a smiley face. 

I opened my iTunes and put on my favorite music. The room filled with sound of McFly, my favorite band in the world. While singing along with 'Star Girl' I went on trying on multiple outfits. Finally found one, I decided on black shorts with tights, a black baggy shirt and black heels. I wanted to look good, but not to good. I shouldn't look like I had tried to hard. I jump in the shower for the second time this day, and shaved my legs. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked into my bedroom. I put on a shirt and some shorts. I decided to do my black hair in a high messy ponytail and my make up simple. The only color in my outfit were my pink lips. I put on my clothes and got my clutch, but thinking if I should take a bigger bag for flats, cause I knew my heels would eventually start to hurt. I put on my flats, got a bigger bag and started to get everything I needed to take, including the heels. I called for a taxi, which would be here in five minutes. 

I walked up the stairs of the hotel, hoping for Heather and everyone to be ready. Thank god, it was a warm night or else I would be frozen to the bone. I walked past the desk and asked one of my collegea's to open the backdoor. I decided I would wait there for Heather to get ready, she was staying in the hotel after all. When I walked in the direction of the toilets, which was were the backdoor was, I bumped into someone. I looked up and froze, it was a face I knew all to well from pictures on the internet, not to mention from the albums I have in my room. "Sorry, are you okay? Hello" said the face. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine" I stuttered. A smile came on the face and walked past me, not giving me another look. 

"Jen, there you are. We were waiting for you" Heather said to me. "Jenny, there you are and you look amazing'' Chris said as he walked up to me to give me a hug. I desperatly hugged him back. His body tensed and stopped hugging me, "Jen what's wrong, you look like you've seen a ghost". "No no, I'm fine Christopher''. 

"Jenny, you're not seriously calling me that'' he said, while he started tickling me. "No Chris stop, no stop doing that" I giggled at him. Heather gave us a angry look and we stopped doing what we were doing, but still laughing. 

Me and Chris told each other everything and he would know when something was up. He knew my guard was up because something happened before I came back to town. He gave me the look, a look that was all to familiar, he wanted to talk to me privatly. "Time to go" I said and put on my heels quickly. Thankfully Mairead made plans on where to go. We all knew Croydon way to well and tonight we were going to our favorite place named Reflex. 

Relfex was packed with people dancing, outside there was a small line of people who wanted to get in. It didnt take us more than five minutes to get in, because our dear Chris knew the bouncer and he let us in early. 

"First drinks are on me" I told everyone. 

Now I've had the time of my life, 

No I never felt like this before.

Yes I swear it's the truth,

And I owe it all to you.

'Cause I've had the time of my life

And I owe it all to you

I was dancing to a familair song and having fun when Chris shoved me outside. Suprised at what he was doing I walked the way he wanted me to. Being outside with him alone made me nervous. "Look Jen, I know something is up with you and you made it perfectly clear that you don't want to talk about it, but please know that I'm here for you no mather what" he said. I know he was desperate trying to find out what was wrong with me.

"Chris could you hand me a cigaret?". 

"Jen, I thought you stopped smoking when you went home last year".

"Don't be an ass Chris, just give me the damn thing" I said angrily, giving him no choice. He was right, I quit smoking right before I went home. But to much had happened, I was going back to my old ways. We stood outside quietly, with everyone else laughing, talking, smoking around us. Chris was still looking at me like I could burst out in flames any time now. He stepped forward and started hugging me, it was like he had read my mind. I hugged him back and didn't want him to stop any time soon. He really is my best friend I thought, maybe I should tell him. Chris was calming me down, his arms around me tightly, his head resting on top of mine. "Whatever it is, it's going to be fine darling''. One single tear was running down my face. I don't know how long we were standing outside, suddenly his arms were gone and Heather was talking to me, but she didn't make any sense. "Jennifer, Jen, are you in there. Come dancing with us, Chris has had enough time with you alone''. A smile formed across my face, smiled at Chris and he gave me a nod. I knew deep inside he would try to talk to me again when I was sober and not out in a club. 

Inside Heather shoved a drink in my hands and said to drink it all in once. Which I did, when it came to booze I trusted Heather completly. She was also the one who got me so drunk that I had to be taken care of. Dancing with Heather was a sport, she kept on moving and I tried to keep up with her. Don't know how she did it, but she kept getting me drinks. One moment she was on the dancefloor, the other she was getting us new drinks. I knew Heather never cared about the money she spended on our nights out, well at least not until the next morning, by then she would hate herself. But I was to far gone to care about her money. "Heather, I have to go to the bathroom" I yelled at her trying to get her to listen. 

Walking towards the toilets wasn't as easy as I thought, I lost count when Heather handed me my fifth drink. And being drunk and on heels is never a good idea. Someone bumped into me and I fell down. "Shit" was the only thing I could say. 

I felt someone lifting me up from the floor and putting me back on my feet. "Be careful, girl. I guess you are really good at bumping into people". I looked up to see where the sound came from, not only to see the same face I saw earlier this evening. "I know you'' was the only thing I could get out. 

"Hey Jenny, are you okay" I heard Chris say.

I looked over my shoulder. "Yeah, don't worry. I'm fine".

"Your boyfriend" the guy said. "No" I told him "He is my best friend". I thougth I saw a faint smile across his face. "You like that he's only my best friend" I questioned him. "Well yes,  what's your name baby girl". "Baby girl, that's what's you're calling me'' I laughed. He shrugged his shoulders. "So baby boy, my name is Jennifer, but you can call me Jenn. What's yours" I knew I was asking something I already knew. While smiling he said "Girl, you definitely already know who I am. But to make it official, my name is Dougie, Dougie Lee Poynter. And in case you are gonna ask. Yes I'm from McFly, you know the band". I had no words left, which he found funny. Of course I had seen his face often in the newspaper, but never in real life. I didn't have the time to go and see them live, even though I really wanted to.

''Can I ask you a question''. 

"Of course you can".

"Why were at the hotel earlier this evening''.

''That's because I'm staying there, me and the boys are writing the new album here in Croydon'' he said, ''but I'm not supposed to tell you''.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone''. Really Jenn, you're flirting with Dougie Poynter. The guy had probably seen enough girls throwing themselves at him. But he didn't seem to mind that I was flirting. I looked at his face and saw his eyes getting darker. He actually liked it. 

Author's note:

I hope everyone is enjoying the story! It's my first fanfic and I think it will also be my last one. I do like writing, but I have no clue on how to write. With this story it's something familiar, it's partly based on my own experiences and partly not. Keep on reading, it'll get better.