PT.2 C H A P T E R TWO

Start from the beginning

So my business was poppin', I was about to do two Coachella shows with Beyonce, then I was about to spend a couple months touring overseas with fucking Little Mix. I think I was doing pretty well for myself, if I'm being honest. So, they could say whatever the fuck they wanted, I knew the truth.

As we made our way just before the curtain, I stood on the side with the dancers and looked out, a sort of see through wall in front of us as I stared at the crowd that seemed to go on for miles. Shit he wasn't kidding.

"Alright y'all. A quick prayer." Beyonce said. We all huddled up and I bowed my head as she said her strong and heartfelt prayer. "And with that, let's go do the damn thang." I was handed a black flag that said 'K' before James, two other guys, and I were let out to the catwalk where we'd start the show.

I stood behind James, the drummer in front of us as we waited for our cue. Instinctively, my eyes wandered to the side and I met green ones staring right back at me. Front and fucking center. I wondered my eyes over her for a second out of habit and saw she was in a sparkly ass one piece with a Gucci cut off on top and some ripped denim shorts.

When I looked back to her eyes, I could see the sadness pouring from them. "Y/n." I looked at James and he followed my gaze before giving me a sympathetic smile. "We worked four months for this.. let's kill it, alright?" I nodded and forced myself to focus on what was going on now. And now was my job to kill this damn performance.

~

"Woooo!" James cheered as we came off the stage after the last number. I could still feel the energy coursing through my body from the loud crowd. One weekend down, one more to go.

I took off my outfit and changed into some shorts, a Tommy Hilfiger cut off shirt, and a fedora because why the fuck not? "Yo, I haven't had a drink all weekend, pass me some." I said to James who was hogging the bottle of Jack.

He laughed, handing it to me. "You staying or heading to the hotel?" I gave him a look while pouring the drink into my clear cup. "Nigga I'm about to go catch The Weeknd before his set is over, then imma get some food once I'm drunk enough to eat anything." He laughed again and pushed my back softly as I brought the cup to my lips. "You coming?"

"I'm gonna go see Miguel."

"Damn we both simps. I'll see you at the hotel then." I said, tapping his back with the back of my hand before leaving the dressing room and making my way to the main area. A smile pulled at my lips when I saw Leigh-Anne waiting for me. "Your girls leave?"

Her head popped up and she nodded. "They said you did great but they want to go watch Sza." I snorted and nodded my head to the side, my arm draping over her shoulder for her to walk with me. "Where are we going?"

"We aree," She groaned when I attempted her accent, most likely horribly. "We are going to watch The Weeknd, mate."

"I don't sound like that." She said, smacking my stomach softly. "Now if I tried to copy you.."

I chuckled and shook my head. "You couldn't if you tried lil mama." We got to the gate that led to the front of the stage and I lifted my wristband to the security guard and he nodded, letting us through. No way was I about to be all the way in the back, fuck I look like?

Once we reached the front barricade that left a generous amount of space between the stage and the fans, I nodded my head as he went from singing Wicked Games to Or Nah.

"Oooh I love this song." Leigh-Anne said and I smirked when she started to dance. I pulled my dap pen out of my pocket and placed it between my lips, inhaling deeply and yes, I made sure my shit was pure this time. "What is that?" She asked.