"Eek!"

"Is that blood on his shirt?!"

"I saw him inside the horror house!"

What seems to be hushed chitchats grew to become full-blown conversations within an instant. Customers inside the classroom sent wary glances to the male standing outside the room, faint traces of fake blood smeared on his face and more prominent on his white shirt— it was none other than Kageyama, with the usual frown on his visage and hands delved deep into his pocket. As much as anyone could say that he was confident and intimidating, the boy was simply nervous to be in public eye, albeit looking like he had just ended someone's life only mere minutes ago.

While the girl might've been mulling over her thoughts, that didn't mean to say she lacked spatial awareness. When her unfocused gaze to the ground sees Arima's hand point to somewhere, Mina blinks and turns to see as well. And thank the Heavens she did, because the sight of him was more than enough to soothe her troubled heart. He was the best thing she had seen all day— truly he was.

Kageyama.

Kageyama Tobio.

"Please give me a break." Mina suddenly blurts out, her stare still focused on the raven haired male.

"Huh? I mean, yeah, you were supposed to have your break fifteen minutes ago but I don't know why you kept postponing itㅡ" The class representative lectures the girl until she tells him thanks and heads for the door immediately.

"—until now. Alright, I guess that's that," Arima grumbles and turns to his classmates who were still chattering with each other over the sight of the bloodied male. "Back to your stations, everyone! We're running a game room here, not a gossip club!"

SHE WAS TREMBLING.

Compared to the many times that she smiles so brightly that it outshines the sun, there wasn't any trace of that in this moment. In fact, this Mina was something Kageyama wasn't used to and it scared him to an extent. With his brash ways and rough visage, he barely offered any consolation to other folks— but this was his girlfriend, for pete's sake! Mina wasn't those other folks he refers to; she was his significant other. He wants to say something, to do something to alleviate her blank expression but she was better at this than he was.

Instead of saying anything, he removes her arm that was tangled around his. The girl momentarily halts and blinks, turning to glance at him when she feels his large hand intertwining with hers.

Mina's eyes widens at the tight clasp of her hand, eyes falling down to it before turning back to the raven haired male. He was blushing, the tips of his ears a deep shade of red but a frown was still evident in his features— a flustered frown at that, she identifies. Kageyama chose not to say anything and she was fine with that. Just the way he held her hand was enough of a story that told her how much he cared.

A soft smile blooms from her lips and she pulls out a handkerchief from her pocket. Mina turns to him and wipes away the lingering smears of fake blood, but not without Kageyama's usual outbreak of jolts whenever she does something out of his expectations— when did she ever do something that didn't surprise him, anyway? The brunette always had something up her sleeve, stuff beyond his mind's comprehension.