Chapter 16: Back to Work

Friday morning

Jackson woke up at an insane time of 4:30 he got up and started his morning by making a healthy breakfast with some eggs, oatmeal, and a little grease with some bacon, a little bacon never hurt anyone, in Jacksons mind, bacon went with everything.

Jackson then fed his corgi named Tiger which he short forms to Ty sometimes, he then took off his pajama shorts and put on some tapout shorts and an Ohio State Buckeyes compression tank top to wear on his morning conditioning and lift.

Jackson grabbed is wireless headphones and began is 5 mile run and was listening to his rap playlist and was just grinding away the minutes and shaving time like crazy as he's finally motivated in life now.

20 minutes later

Jackson had gotten back inside and grabbed a water bottle as like normal he was sweating and wanted to cool off a bit before he went to lift.

It was now only 5:30 which Jackson started to rush his break a bit because in his mind he's running behind whatever he has planned, he then ran downstairs to his home gym and started blasting music.

Lets take a moment and break the ice
So my intentions are known
See I pity in watching you suffer
I know the feeling of feeling of being damned alone
I got a storybook of my ownDon't you see I am your pride
Agent of wealth
Bearer of needs
And you know it's right
I am your war
Arming the strong
Aiding the weak
Know me by name
Shepherd of fire

Song is Shepherd Of Fire by Avenged Sevenfold

Jackson was going absolutely berserk working out like crazy hitting PRs he's never seen, something lit a fire in him and he's on a role, he later on posted another instagram picture of him flexing shirtless in the mirror mid workout.

JacksonKing1: Hard times breed better men. 💪🏼🎵

Jacksons phone was starting to blow up, for all the wrong reasons, college football fans had spotted in the background is Ohio State Buckeyes tank top that he took off and people started rumours that he was going to commit there.

Jackson quickly posted to his instagram story a picture of his closet filled with merchandise from all the teams that offered him:

JacksonKing1: Relax guys...

Then he had seen one comment that stuck out to him and made him laugh.

alexiskaufman: aooooga🤤😍

Jackson liked her comment then finally opened to see his texts.

Lexi: Jack Jack?!

Jackson: Uh, hey Lexi, sorry about everything.

Lexi: Oh my god I'm so happy you're okay! Please never do that again to me and please be good for me? Are you coming to Ohio?!

Jackson: No Lexi it was just an honest mistake, not gonna go anywhere for football I'm not that good.

Lexi: Jack Jackkkkkk.

Jackson: Listen Lexi I gotta go but I'll talk to you later okay?

Lexi: Alright, bye Jack Jack.

Jackson: Bye Lexi.

Jackson then continued on with his workout and soon showered up and then packed his bag which was relatively light considering he hadn't left his house in three weeks almost.

Jackson then got on his four-wheeler him and his grandpa fixed up and took it for a spin since there was a ton of snow to tread since his driveway nor street was cleared.

The helmet, gloves were heavier than his actual bag he had for school, even with Jackson and Theo's talk he wasn't really taking school that seriously, at least yet.

Jackson eventually pulled up to the parking lot of the field house, and surprisingly what was deemed "Jacksons spot" was still there, mind you it was six in the morning so no one was going to be there but Jackson parked his four wheeler and put the key in his bag and entered the the building.

When Jackson entered he had seen that his name plate had been taken out of the garbage bin and the cleaned it up and put it back in the slot about his cubby. Out of curiosity when he hung his bag up he noted that not only was all of his football equipment and clothes were exactly how he liked it put everything was clean and smelt clean and fresh.

He then changed into a Clemson Tigers compression tank top and Oregon Ducks basketball shorts and headed to the weight room to work on leg day because Jackson never skips leg day, leg day is every day to Jackson.

Over an hour has passed as it is now game day and seven in the morning which means that players on the team and some cheerleaders even come in for some yoga or cardio to get stretched out for the big day ahead of all of them.

Jackson was in the cardio and yoga room and was going hard on the treadmill maxing out the incline option and almost maxing out the speed, some of the cheerleaders and Lexi's friends had walked in and were shocked to see him, drenched in sweat.

As the girls collectively were thinking on wether to act on it and try and talk to him even though he has music blasting through his earphones or just let him be and go do their own thing, but they took a video of him and sent to to Lexi which she replied to the text video with "thats my man😍".

Almost with perfect timing the one girl on the cheerleading team that no one like because she was a huge ball rider (term used for people who gets tossed around the football team) came in and tried flirting and touching and grabbing Jackson in the middle of his intense sprint which made him put it into recovery mode.

Jackson eventually got off and ripped his arm away from the girl and headed out without saying hi or talking to any of the girls and went to shower and get ready for the day.