Chapter 91: Outrunning trouble

Start from the beginning

With such an answer, it caused an uproar among the former SOG generals, especially Ultra Violet. She shook her head back and slammed her fist to the wall to gather everyone's attention. "That's our job! How dare they!" She complained loudly.

Despite all that, Garmadon puffed in his own spot. He didn't seem at all concerned for the the actual trouble being done to his city. He didn't seem to care about the mission itself, proven by his next phrase.
"So pathetic, the oni is a bigger threat than someone who drives really badly." He remarked. "We should focus on stopping them, first."

Lloyd shook his head, turning to face the oni by the side of the wall. He narrowed his eyebrows, no, with a comment like that, it'll just confuse everyone. It is his job to guide everyone to their first priorities once more. "No, the oni haven't shown themselves to us yet after what has happened with Omega, it is safe to say that they won't bother us during the mission."

"Besides, Omega is smart, he wouldn't send out his forces to attack a squad with two onis in it." The elderly woman remarked, glaring at Garmadon briefly.
Hearing along her comment, the nindroid nodded in agreement. "Omega didn't anticipate to see two onis here when he attacked us last time." Zane added quietly. However, that just earned a chuckle coming from the oni lord as he headed towards the door.

"Do whatever you'd like, Mistaké, don't act like you are stronger than the king himself, have you not recognized his power?" With that snide remark, he exited and allowed the elder woman to refrain from storming off after him. Lloyd gulped but watched his father left, resisting any urge to call him back.

This was supposed to be a team mission, the resistance still needed a powerful oni to help out. He had not realized it but this may as well be the start of the fallout tradition in every mission they've had so far.

Instead, Mistaké shook her head, brushing away Garmadon's final message and turned over to the resistance. "Everyone should prepare." She pronounced softly and kindly.

It was like that, that the resistance began their preparations. The ninjas minus Zane and Nya rushed over to their room and grabbed their respective weapons and the two other ninjas navigated the ship to fly over to their next location.
~~~~~~~~~~
Knowing full well that he should be preparing himself, Lloyd couldn't help but make his way towards the white haired princess' room. The door was moderately opened and anyone may as well be able to look into what was happening inside.
Therefore, that's what he did, he peeked into the room and found Harumi and Cloud inside like expected.

He was glad that she was following the orders given by the resistance but he was honestly a little nervous that Harumi would be joining them during a mission. She was no ninja nor did she have an elemental power to protect herself with.
Lloyd shook off the thought when he saw her pick up the daggers hung from the wall. What was he thinking? Of course...he wasn't looking out to her, she was still a traitor.

Perhaps it was just an instinct of his to look out for his comrades, yes, to view her as a comrade of his and prevent fewer casualties. No, he wasn't worried nor looking for her in 'that way', he was way pass that. More and more thoughts filled his mind and Lloyd clenched his hands into fists, no, he didn't want to think about it. So, he whipped his head back and began heading back—towards his own room to get ready.

That is, until he found the oni lord right behind him, a pleased and amused smile on her lips. "Invading the princess' privacy, I see?" Garmadon remarked playfully. Ah, so it was exactly like what happened in the Jade palace months ago, he recalled that moment vividly. He had peeked into Princess Harumi's makeup room.

Except this time, no one told him off for it. So clearly, Garmadon saw the wild look of embarrassment on his face along the pink tints on his cheeks. There was a long pause between the father and son until Lloyd kept his head low, pushed him aside and stormed off back towards the deck.
Forget his original route, getting away from this situation was his priority.