never let this go

Tw: sexual assault

"Lukas— Lukas get off of me. Please, please," Hayley pushed against his hands but they squeezed her wrists tighter than before. She started kicking her legs instead, proving to be more useful. His hands loosened on her arms and she took her chance, shoving him off and running for the door.

Before she could reach the handle, he caught her arm. Everything seemed to go in a blur from there. He dragged her back to the bed and her fear was getting the best of her as he straddled her body. She cried and pleaded to no avail, not stopping until she realised there was no way out of this and he was going to make her suffer this pain whether she liked it or not.

Her body was trembling beneath him as he grabbed her t-shirt and tried to pull it off of her. She didn't move at all, closing her eyes. He tugged it again, saying "Take it off!" Right in her face. She flinched and sobbed harder.

Lukas was much too drunk to realise he was hurting her. He probably wouldn't even remember it the next day. His hands yanked her arms up so he could remove the top.

Hayley gave one more attempt at getting away. While he was distracted with her top and not holding her arms, she grabbed the only thing in reach — a pillow — and hit him with it as hard as she could. It stunned him, but he recovered quicker than she'd hoped, as he caught her scrambling out from beneath him.

"Just stay fucking still!" He yelled, getting angry. From there, she forced herself to stay still, dissociating her body from her mind, afraid if she made him any angrier he would hurt her worse.

People had begun to leave and neither Hayley nor Lukas were anywhere to be found downstairs.

"Let's just go," Zac said with a very slight slur. Taylor didn't want to. He just had a feeling something was wrong. Why would both of them just disappear like that?

Taylor held onto Zac's arm and pulled him up the stairs, just wanting to check she was okay before leaving.

The pit in his stomach only grew more when he heard a loud bang come from the room at the end of the hall. Zac and Taylor looked at each other, their suspicions only furthering with hearing very faint sobs coming from inside.

Taylor ran to the door, trying to open it, but it was locked.

"Hayley?" Zac called into the room. Silence. He shouted her name again, and this time, the muffled noises continued, scaring them both. Taylor kicked the door handle as hard as he could, making a small dent. He kept kicking and kicking and kicking until the handle fell off and the door opened. Anger rushed through both of them when they saw him on top of her. Although Hayley had managed to slow him down from hurting her by talking to him and pushing him away, it didn't stop him.

Zac grabbed Lukas and pulled him off of her, throwing a few punches to him while Taylor ran to Hayley. She quickly sat up and pulled her skirt back down, needing to look okay.

"Hey what the fuck?!" Lukas yelled, making Hayley flinch

"Are you okay?" Taylor asked her, forgetting about everything that had happened with them. She frantically wiped her tears and nodded her head. She would've said something in response if she wasn't so sure that if she opened her mouth she'd start sobbing again.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" He scrambled up off the floor to face Zac.

"You're disgusting," Zac spat in response.

Taylor passed her her top that had been thrown to the other corner and she pulled it on, trying to suppress her tears but failing. She glanced around the room for her shoes, but decided she'd rather just get home than stay and search.

Then she remembered, he picked her up and she would have to walk 2 miles without shoes, so she stayed and looked around the room. They were found under the bed, along with her phone. The pain in her head made another tear fall as she messily pulled them on.

"My fucking door!" Lukas shouted, making Hayley flinch once again. She took a glance at the broken door, standing up. He was crouched down, inspecting the broken wood. Hayley didn't want to go near him.

"You're paying for the damage!" He turned to Zac to say this.

"Im calling the police," Taylor brought his phone out, but Hayley shook her head, feeling as if the walls were closing in on her. While Lukas was facing Zac, she took her chance and sped out of the room. She ran through the house, not bothering to grab any of her other things, just wanting to get out.

She walked for five minutes, but found her body was in so much pain, so she called an Uber.

It arrived within minutes, and luckily the driver was female. She hadn't considered what she'd do if she had to get in a car with a man she didn't know in this state, she would've literally fainted. The woman asked her if she was okay, but Hayley said nothing, just sat and silently cried in the backseat.

The woman eventually pulled over and got into the backseat to speak to Hayley. "Has someone hurt you?" She looked up at the woman, still not being able to say anything. The question only made her begin to sob. The woman carefully put her arm around Hayley, comforting her.

"Would you like me to take you to the hospital? Free of charge," she thought about it. Going to the hospital would mean going to the police and she didn't believe Lukas deserved to go to jail. So she shook her head.

"I just want to go home," she whispered. The woman nodded her head in understanding.

Hayley cried herself to sleep that night, sleeping on the sofa because she couldn't stand the image of waking up to see him like she had many times before.