"You Do Know I Can Talk, Right?"

"I have to leave right now, or else, I will be late!" Mrs. Lhing hurried to the door as Jade stepped in.

"Did you leave any instructions, ma'am? After all, it will be the first ti--" Jade was cut off short.

"They won't be necessary. He'll tell you what to do. Bye" And with that. Mrs. Lhing climbed into her car and roared off. She mumbled to herself, "Oh shoot, I forgot to tell her not to tell anyone...oh well..."

"Mrs. Lhing, are you okay?" Jade called out at the door, but it was too late. She was gone.

Jade shook her head at the departing mother. It was the first time a mother had left absolutely no instructions on how to care for her baby, and from the little information Jade had gathered on Mrs. Lhing, this was her first baby. Weird. Mothers-for-the-first-time were usually the most worried about their babies, always leaving detailed information on how to take care of the baby, when to change him, when to put him to bed, and everything else that the babysitter probably already knows.

I don't even know his name...I only know that he's a boy...

Jade shrugged her shoulders; she would do her very best anyways...now was not the time to panic.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine."

Jade whirled at the sound. She looked everywhere. There was no one there. Except for the baby of course - whatever his name was...her brain was playing tricks on her. She turned towards the table in the middle of the room and noticed it was bare....except for a vase of beautiful violets, but they were not the instructions she hoped she would find for the baby...or at least his name.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine," the voice insisted.

Jade spun around again...she definitely heard it this time. But still, only the baby was staring at her with those adorable eyes of his...she took a step towards him. Then another. Until she was standing right in front of it as it laid on its stomach staring at her. Jade ran her hand through her dark brown shoulder length hair, and she shook her head once more.

"I might be going crazy, but did you just talk to me little baby?"

"I said, don't worry, she'll be fine...and I'm not that little."

Jade gasped, her eyes opening wide with terror.

"You do know I can talk, right?"

***

Hey everyone, this is my very first book on wattpad...I have two others somewhere else, but trust me they're horrible. Anyways, I am not very used to the ropes of this thing...I hope you will like and comment? (I think that's what the authors say, right? ;) ) Anyways, I would love it if I received some encouragement...I think I'm decent, don't u ;) ?
So, love you all...and I mean it 

By the way, what does it mean to vote? I've seen many authors ask to do it...