Chapter 16 - Back In England

I've finally realized how it felt to love and be loved. I never believed in love at first sight but I never thought that someone would feel it towards me. I still couldn't believe that Sebastian would notice an ordinary girl like me. I used to believe that he would prefer someone whose face could be seen on every cover of a magazine or someone he could brag about to his friends but all of it was just a myth. During those times that we were together in England, I secretly observed his gestures whenever we met someone, a total stranger, along the way. There was a huge difference in the way he looked at them. He never glanced at the women on the table next to us whenever we ate at a restaurant. He was always focused on whatever I was saying and he remembered mostly everything, even the tiniest details. He was different from the other guys who tried to date me but didn't succeed; he never awakened my heart without the intention of loving me. He made me sure that it was alright to open my heart to him; he made me feel his willingness to catch me if I ever let myself fall. He assured me that I don't have to let my guard down because he had saved a lot of courage to break down my own walls. I hesitated and I ran away from him but he still managed to catch me. He made me realize that I shouldn't chase even though I love the person; it's always a man's job to do the chasing.

I introduced Sebastian to my family and we had dinner together at home. My dad bombarded him with questions about their company and they seemed to get along since they were both in the corporate world. My mum on the other hand looked a bit tense.

"Mum, what's wrong? You seemed to be quiet the whole time." I asked while wrapping my arms around her. "I was just thinking how you met each other. His parents seemed to raise him well, he earned your father's trust and respect the moment he entered our premises, such a brave man. He really loves you, I don't doubt it but I'm scared that it will be hard for you to forgive him in the future if you'll have a misunderstanding in your relationship."

"Actually, his brother is Tia's fiancé. We met at the coffee shop. He grew up with his dad and brother. His mum passed away while giving birth to him."

"Oh, what a small world it is! Who would have thought that you'll both love someone who is related to each other?! Growing up without his mother, it must be hard for him."

"I thought the same way Mum. But what do you mean when you said that you were scared that it might be hard for me to forgive him?" I asked in confusion. My dad suddenly called her out to show her something before she could answer my question. She left while giving me a gentle squeeze on my arm. Watching the three of them get along together made me sure about one thing, Sebastian will be the first, the last and the one whom I'm going to build my future with for the rest of my life.

I wanted Sebastian to stay for a little while but it was already bedtime for my parents. I walked him out of the house and we waited for his ride to arrive.

"So, how does it feel when you meet my parents for the first time?" I asked while smiling.

"It was quite scary at first but it turned out great in the end. Your parents are wonderful Sam, I felt like I'm already part of the family. They accepted me without any doubt, I felt relieved now." He let out a heavy sigh.

"I told them what happened to us. My mum told me that I should trust you about what's troubling me and if you really love me, you'll understand and you'll forgive me."

"Is that so? I guess it's true what people used to say, "Mother knows best." Of course, I'll understand you Sam. You can tell me anything and everything." Then he pulled me into his arms for a tight hug. "Just don't run away from me. I don't know what will happen to me if I'm going to lose you again."

"Will you get tired of me?" I asked while hugging him back.

"No, I won't. I won't let it happen. I'll make sure to be more patient with you, I know how stubborn you are but I've already prepared myself for that."