Chapter 22 - Love or Friendship?

"Hey Seb! Are you aware about Sam's stalker?" Xander asked. "Stalker? What stalker?" Sebastian answered while handing the folders to Andy. "Tia phoned me last night. She was worried about Sam, so I asked what it is about. So, yeah, Tia thinks she has a stalker," Xander said while giving Sebastian a pat on the back. "Why am I always the last one to know about what's going on with my own fiancée?" Sebastian said while giving Xander a stern look. "Yikes! It looks like my boss is not in the mood right now. I'll leave you two alone," Andy declared for an exit. Xander was about to leave too but he looked back to Sebastian then said, "Look, I never want to involve myself in your personal relationship but I guess you shouldn't hold Samantha's hand too tight. Make her feel that she can confide on you, don't let your emotions or your anger consume you. You must find it out soon if she really has a stalker before something bad happen to her. I'm heading out now," Xander left but Sebastian remained silent.

"What are you thinking?" I asked Sebastian while we were stuck in traffic. "Nothing," he answered. He used to smile a lot whenever we were stuck in traffic or he would say something funny just to pass the time but right now, he's been so silent and I'm not used to it. "Are you tired? Maybe we should just head home instead of going somewhere?" I said then the traffic light turned green. He didn't answer but he made a U-turn which was the direction to my flat. I wonder if it was just really a slip of the tongue when Xander informed him about the stalker or did he saw Vince? He has been acting so strange after we left the coffee shop. "Are you sure you're fine?" I asked again. I really want to know what's going on inside his head. "Yeah, you shouldn't worry about me. I'm not the one who has a stalker," he said with a sly smile while glancing at me. But why do his words sounded sarcastic to me? "Well, you know about it now so I'm not worried anymore," I smiled at him to assure him that I'm really fine. He walked me to my flat when we arrived but he refused to come inside. "Are you sure you're not staying for a bit?" I asked while opening the door. "I can't stay for too long, I'm sorry. You're living alone here and I might lose my control, if you get what I mean?" he said with a straight face. "Anyway, I've contacted our IT Department, they installed hidden cameras and there's a few inside your flat."

"What? When did you tell them to install it?? How? When my keys are with me??"

"They installed it this morning just before I came to the coffee shop. I was actually late because of it. I should have told you but you might not agree with me. I've spoken to the owner of this building and she gave us her permission to install the hidden cameras. She has the spare keys so obviously; she opened your flat for us."

"Without my consent? Wow!" He knew based on my face, I wasn't really happy about it.

"I told her I'm your fiancé and your life might be in danger. She never questioned my motives, she fully understand that I'm after your safety."

"Well, if you think it's the right thing to do, who am I to complain? Did you use your charm again to make her agree with your plan?"

"What do you mean charm? Stop fooling me Sam! I know you're doing this so I could stay much longer. Here, I bought you a new phone."

"You know me so well," I laughed and so did he. "But my phone is working just fine, why did you buy me a new one? You know I don't like it when you're spending money on me."

"I know but that's connected to my phone. I mean that's customized, it has a feature that will automatically send me an alert if you're in danger."

"Are you serious? Is this how rich people spend their money?? I haven't heard of any phone like that."

"It's a couple phone and it's not yet out in the market," he put his hand at the back of his head then he let out a sigh. "Sam, it doesn't matter how much money I spent; I just really want to make sure that you're safe. I'll spend all my money on you if it means your safety. I still want to marry you, you know that."