Chapter 7 - His Side

Sebastian

It was quite surprising how my life changed when I decided to move to England. My dad woke up from being comatose and had been fully recovered. I hired a private nurse and made sure that his health was being checked from time to time. Big thanks to my brother who has always been there to support our family and the company in times of distress. I was really grateful when the board chose me to handle our expansion in England. I should enjoy my free time before I get busy in the coming weeks.

I never really thought that I would be able to open my heart to anyone, especially to a stranger whom I barely knew. I still couldn't believe that I did the first move. I'm not good when it comes to expressing my feelings and doing the first move was some kind of achievement for me since I got used to girls who usually do the first move to gain my interest. She was lovely and her kindness made her lovelier in my eyes even more. The first time I saw her, I already felt that I liked her. Love at first sight? Maybe. I kept on thinking about her, my whole being was trembling whenever I saw her. She has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. Samantha, even her name sounds beautiful.

I went outside the balcony to check if the journal had dried up. It was nice to see that the pages were still intact. I have more reasons to see her now that I have her journal. I would return it soon but at the right time. I wanted to get to know her and I must do something to gain her trust. I couldn't wait to read her next reply. I would make sure to finish the company meeting early so I could go to the coffee shop and see Sam. I would take it slow this time and I would wait patiently to see where it goes. I took out my phone from my pocket and dialed Andy's number.

"Hello! Good morning!"

"Hello! Andy, what's my schedule for today?" I asked while returning inside my room.

"You have a company meeting at 9:00 AM."

"That's all?"

"Yeah and I received an email from a clothing brand. They want a young businessman to endorse their products and they have chosen you. They were asking for an appointment to discuss it with you."

"Tell them I'm not interested. Cancel the company meeting. I have other plans to do today."

"Seriously man? You will cancel it?"

"Just do it, Andy."

"Seb, I may be your assistant but don't forget that I'm also your best friend. I'm doing my best to back you up whenever you need it. I'm telling you, you can't just cancel a meeting right away when the board has been waiting for your arrival for months. If you cancel the meeting it might affect the business. I will suggest rescheduling it instead if your plans are really important. What about 3:00 PM?"

"Fine, you know what you're doing anyway. Thanks for always reminding me!"

"No problem man, just don't phone me again at 5:00 AM to cancel your meeting. I need my sleep, you know. Anyway, what are your other plans to do? Why didn't I know about it when I'm your assistant?"

"I'll handle it, don't worry. I'll let you know when it's approved." The image of Sam's face suddenly appeared in my head and I never noticed that I was already smiling.

"Hmmm...are you smiling? I smell something fishy or is it a monkey business?"

"Just go back to sleep Andy, you asked too many questions. Bye!"

"Alright, just tell me about it soon though. Bye!"

I went to the gym first for my morning exercise. Staying fit and healthy has been a challenge for me since I love to eat. It was really annoying to receive proposals and calls from modeling and clothing line companies. It was never my thing and I'm really not interested about it, I'm more interested to be with Sam. Will I see her today? Hopefully I will. I was done around 8:00 AM and it was just in time for the coffee shop to open. I'm excited to read her reply and I'm more excited to see her. I turned on the music in my car as I drove away; it was like my habit to listen to music while driving. I opened my window and I felt the cold breeze across my face. Few months to go and it's already autumn. I would make sure to confess my feelings when it's autumn, I would make a difference. I think it's more romantic to express your love when the autumn leaves are falling. You can assure the person that you'll catch her when she falls.

I arrived at the coffee shop and found Tia alone at the counter. She used to tell me that I'm more handsome compared to my brother though I never think that I am. The aroma of the coffee made me crave for latte so I went to the counter to order.

"Hi Tia! How are you?" I greeted her while falling in line. She seemed surprised to see me. "Seb? Why are you here?"

"This is a coffee shop so I'll buy coffee."

"Oh, right! So what do you want to order then?"

"One latte, medium and cookies. Could you please add more cookies?"

"Sure. You sound like someone I know." She murmured.

"Pardon? I didn't catch what you just said."

"Sorry, it was nothing. I'll serve your order in a while." She smiled at me.

"Thanks. I'll be at that table in the far end."

"Hmm..."

"What?"

"Nothing," Tia said while holding back the smile on her face. "Okay," I answered. Tia seemed strange today. I went to the table and the paper inside the flower vase caught my attention. It must be a reply from Sam. I took it and a smile jotted on my face as I read it.

"So you're a guy? I hope it goes well with you. You must tell her before it's too late. She must be blessed to have you."

If she only knew it was her. I must prepare myself for the coming days and I would make sure to keep everything real to gain her trust.