Chapter 17 - The Stalker

"What??? You think someone is stalking you??" Tia exclaimed and I could see the frustration written all over her face. I had been spacing out for quite some time and I'm still trying to catch my breath due to panic attacks. "Samantha, are you sure? It's something serious and we have to report this to the police station," Tia asked me while giving me a comforting embrace.

"No, we can't do that yet. I just think I have a stalker. Last night when I got home, someone left a bouquet of tulips in my front door. I thought it was from Sebastian and I also thought that you must have told him that I'm already back." I sipped my tea while Tia kept on frowning in front of me.

"What if?" Two words which could create anxiety and fear when combined together. "What if I really have a stalker? What if I'm in danger? What if Sebastian won't know about it? What if. . ." The never ending "What ifs" kept on dwelling inside my head but somehow, the tea was soothing; it helped me to relax myself from being anxious.

"Tell him about it." Tia snapped while I was busy looking out of the window. Her reaction was quite inevitable. Guess my mind was somewhere which caused me to space out again.

"Samantha? Hello?? Come back to earth please!" she was crossing her arms in front of me. "Are you with me, Sam?"

"Oh! I'm sorry. What is it again?" She rolled her eyes upon hearing what I said. I used to roll my eyes at Tia whenever I wanted to annoy her but this time; it was me who was really annoyed with her gestures. Weird.

"You have to tell him about it."

"Who?"

"Who else? Your boyfriend of course! You have to tell Sebastian about it or, maybe, you want me to tell him?"

"That's the last thing that I would do. I don't want Sebastian to worry about it. Besides, I'm fine. It's not that I'm in danger."

"But Sam, prevention is better than cure. You know that."

"I'm not hurt, okay? Nothing happened to me. I'll just bring pepper spray anywhere."

"I really hope that nothing will happen to you. Just let me know if you need anything."

"Sure, thanks. Sebastian and I will have dinner somewhere. I won't take too long here; I'm just passing the time until he arrives. "

"Fine then, tell him about the stalker or I'll tell him."

"Oh come on Tia! Why are you bringing up the subject again?"

"Because I'm really serious Samantha! You can't just sit around doing nothing. Anyway, what did you do with the flowers?"

"I threw it away when I got out of the building."

I suddenly felt my cold sweats when Tia looked at me. I could see the fear and tension in her eyes. I'm not as strong as Tia and I would never let Sebastian know about what just happened. I shrugged my shoulders and before I could say anything, I felt a sudden knot inside my stomach.

"What if the stalker saw what you did?" she asked. "Then it's a mere fact that I don't appreciate what he was doing." I took out my journal and I started to jot down what happened when Tia made a fuss again.

"What if what you did will only make the fire bigger? What if he didn't like it?"

"Please stop making a fuss about it cuz. Relax. You're the strong one between the two of us. Just let it go. I don't like it when you're also anxious about what happened."

"I can't just let it go. Why are you not taking this seriously? Maybe I'll just tell Xander about it. He has a lot of connections; I know he can help you."