Chapter 22: Danger

Rewind, twenty minutes before they hear sirens

  Namjoon walked over to the enormous tool chest against the far wall, he opened one of the draws and selected a wrench when he felt something hit his leg, then pain like fire racing through his veins. He dropped the wrench with a loud clatter drawing Jimin's attention " Jimin, fuck! I think something just bit me" Jimin raced over as Namjoon hiked up his pant leg. 

  Jimin gasped when he saw the two puncture wounds and jumped into action " Namjoon that's a snake bite" Namjoon's eyes widened in shock as Jimin grabbed a rag and wrapped it around Namjoon's leg making a tourniquet. He grabbed his phone as he looked around the area Namjoon had been standing, as he called 911 he bent down and jerked back just in time to avoid a strike from a rattlesnake, Jimin rattled off what had happened to the dispatcher before hanging up. 

  He walked over to Namjoon who is now sweating and his skin had taken on a grayish cast " I think I'm going to be sick" Jimin grabbed the trash can just in time for Namjoon to vomit, chills racked his body. Jimin could hear sirens getting closer, Namjoon began to slump falling against Jimin " Namjoon stay with me, keep your eyes open" Namjoon fluttered his eyes open staring at Jimin " am I going to die" he rasped out " Jimin wrapped his arm around his waist " of course not they will give you a shot and you will be fine." 

  The paramedics pulled into the driveway seconds later, animal control and two cop cars "I'm bringing him to you, the snake is still loose" Namjoon staggers a few steps leaning heavily on Jimin, he sits on the journey and the paramedics take over. Jimin turns to animal control " it's a rattlesnake, it's under the toolbox. I recognize the pattern but it doesn't have a rattle" animal control went to take a look.

  Jungkook's heart dropped in his chest when he saw an ambulance and cop cars surrounding Jimin's shop" Jimin, Jimin!" he shouted glancing around. Jimin ran to him " Namjoon was bitten by a rattlesnake they are taking him to the hospital" they turned and watched the ambulance drive away. Animal control walked out with a pillowcase in his hand " you are right, it is a rattlesnake. Someone removed it's rattle so it can't be released back in the wild, so it will be spending its days in a zoo" Jimin thanked him before he left.

  Jungkook stood off to the side as Jimin briefly spoke to the cops, as soon as they drove off he is running to Jungkook. Jungkook opens his arms and feet braced for impact, Jimin smacks into his chest but he is planted in place. Jimin sobs into his chest his tears soaking into Jungkook shirt, but he doesn't care, he simply wraps his arms around his waist holding him tenderly.

  As Jimin's sobs receded he spoke "that snake was meant for me. Namjoon wasn't supposed to be here somehow they knew I was alone. They cut the rattle off so I wouldn't hear it" Jungkook shuddered at the thought. If Jimin had been alone and had been bitten he may have been too in shock to snap into action, by the time he realized the venom would be attacking his central nervous system and he may not be able to make it to his phone to call for help. 

  Jungkook tenderly kissed the top of his head as his arms tightened around his waist " I am thinking the same thing" Yoongi appeared and looked at the two of them in disgust " are you serious right now, he almost got Namjoon killed, stay the hell away from him before he gets someone killed" Yoongi stormed off heading back to the shop.

  Jimin stepped away from Jungkook " he's right you need to stay away from me before someone else get's hurt" Jungkook shook his head " fuck that I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to let some psycho control me, anyway I don't think I could stay away if I wanted too" Jimin smiled " so you admit you can't resist me" Jungkook smirked " I thought it was pretty obvious" Jimin sighed " I think we need to step back for a while, let things calm down then we'll talk" Jungkook frowned " you better call me every god damn day or I will walk my ass over here" Jimin giggled and kissed his cheek " I will I promise, you should go to the hospital and check on Namjoon. Text me and let me know how he is doing" Jungkook groaned " I don't want to leave you," he said an adorable pout on his face. 

  Jimin giggled " ok mister badass, would a kiss give you the will to go"  Jungkook grinned remembering the kiss Jimin initiated in his gym. The kiss had knocked his socks off, he can honestly admit he had never felt so aroused by a simple kiss " it depends on what kind of kiss it is" Jimin grinned " how about one that will burn my lips into your brain for eternity" Jungkook's mouth went dry " that will do I suppose" his voice sounded slightly horse to his own ears. 

  Jimin stepped up running his hands up Jungkook's clothed chest fingers skimming over his collar bone up to his thick neck. Jungkook is practically purring, he loves the feel of Jimin's hands on his body. Jimin leans forward and nips at his ear, caressing the tender flesh with his tongue. Jungkook gritted his teeth to stop from moaning Jimin is sucking on his earlobe while one of his hands stroked his thigh, his lips trailing kisses up his neck to his lips.

  Jimin placed a kiss on the corner of his lips then moved to do the same on the other side. Jungkook is so wound up he wanted Jimin's lip, no he craved his lips. Jimin nipped at his thick bottom lip before running his tongue over the reddened flesh. His hands slid up to thread through his hair as he slanted his lips on the others. Jungkook groaned at the feel of Jimin's pillow-soft lips, he gasped as Jimin jerked his hair making him moan. Jimin thrust his tongue into the warm cavern exploring every inch, savoring Jungkook's unique flavor. This is a slow passionate kiss, their tongues gently dancing together neither wanting it to end, but it had too they needed to breathe.

  Jimin broke the kiss, he gazed up at Jungkook panting hard. Jungkook's mind is blank all he could think of was Jimin " I can verily remember my own name" he rasped out huskily, raising a shaking hand to run through his hair " fuck! my legs are shaking" Jimin giggled " well I kept my side of the bargain, now it's time to keep yours" Jungkook nodded " fine! but before I go" he hooked his arm around Jimin's waist, jerking him into his arms making him gasped, smashing their lips together in another fiery kiss.