50:\\ Lava Rising

Joseph

I was startled from my nap as a loud banging came from my apartment door. I wondered if Trina was visiting today, she hadn't said anything, and I was more annoyed at the fact that I'd been awakened from my nap. I had work tonight and there was no way I was going now that I had no sleep.

I yawned loudly as the banging continued.

Fiesty today, aren't you Trina. I groaned, rubbing my eyes as I walked to the door. I lived on the second story of this apartment completely alone. Trina was the only friend that ever visited me and I usually appreciated her for that, except today.

Without peeking through the peephole, I unlocked the door to see a face I certainly wasn't expecting.

"What's up Aaron, what're you doing here?" I asked cooly, more importantly, how the hell did you find where I lived. I hadn't spoken to him since we were kids, I mean we'd say hello in passing and talk while playing on the team, but it had been a hot minute since we actually had a conversation. I was afraid at how he was glaring at me, wondering why he looked so angry.

For a minute my mind began to wander, was he dating Violet now? Did she tell him anything? A pit started to fill my stomach as I felt like I was about to puke. The wench really would say something like that to someone I knew. Next time I see her, we'd definitely be needed a conversation. We hadn't spoken since she slept with me.

Occassionaly we would make eye contact and she always looked away immediately. It wasn't that I didn't reach out to her, because believe me, I texted her many, many times, but she always ignored my messages. I think she ended up changing her number or something because my messages stopped going through.

"So it's true?!" He looked angry, I backed up. I wasn't sure what he was doing here or why he ignored my hello.

"What're you talking about?" I asked, my voice shaking slightly. I was angry at myself now, how dare I sound so weakly in front of this angry person. "Why are you here anyway, why do you look so mad?" I crossed my arms. The sun was setting as I watched him carefully, his gray eyes had turned completely dark as though he was a cat ready to attack.

The next thing I knew, I fell to the floor as Aaron threw punch after punch until I grew numb to the pain.

"STOP! HEY!" I shouted. Trying to cover my face as he pushed me to the ground.

"How does it feel to have your boundaries ignored and disrespected! You raped her!" He spoke loudly, grabbing me by the collar and throwing me against my wall like I weighed as much as a feather. I wasn't sure what was even happening now aside from the fact that I needed to fight him back. I kicked him off of me and rushed to grab a knife from my kitchen.

Boundaries respected? What a concept. I wasn't sure what he was talking about but now I knew that the wench had actually told him what we did. I did nothing wrong, in my eyes it was consensual, she always jokingly told me to stop when I was tickling her so why does this make any difference?

This psychotic boy isn't about to walk into my apartment and hurt me without payback. I'm stronger than my father. I won't let this fear control me. I felt blood stroll across my cheek, watching Aaron's hands carefully.

I won't let this fear control me. My mind instantly thought of my father in the woods and I shut the thought out immediately.