Dutch Van der Linde: Sneaking Out

Start from the beginning

"Dutch?" you asked, turning to face him with wide eyes.

"Where are you going this late?" Dutch asked as he walked up to your still figure.

"I...uh...nowhere?" your answer came out more like a question.

"Do you really think I'm that stupid?" Dutch just raised an eyebrow at you. Thankfully, he didn't seem angry with you.

"No! I'm just...going for a walk" you lied, and you knew that he knew it was a lie.

"It's dangerous to be wandering around by yourself at night, come back to the camp" Dutch told you, nodding his head back in the direction of the camp.

"I will...in a minute" you nodded, wanting to tell B/n that you wouldn't be able to see him tonight instead of just leaving him waiting.

"Y/n, what are you-" Dutch began to repeat his question, confused by your strange behaviour, but got interrupted.

"Y/n? Is everything alright?" a familiar voice asked, making you spin around.

"B/n, this isn't a good time" you told him, noticing the concerned looked on his face.

"Who is-oh..." the worry on B/n's face turned to nervousness and maybe even fear as he looked over at Dutch with wide eyes. "I'll, uh, see ya around?" he asked, looking back at you. He knew that you were perfectly fine, it was just Dutch, he was the one in more trouble here. You just nodded in response.

"Now hold on" Dutch stopped him before he could walk away. "Who is this?" he asked, looking the boy up and down, sizing him up. Probably trying to determine if he was a threat or not.

"Uh...this is B/n...a friend" you told him but you were obviously not giving him the full story.

Dutch looked at the boy again and took in his attire, frowning to himself. "How'd you both meet?" he asked.

"In town. We ran into each other, that's it really" you shrugged, just wanting to get they away from each other.

"He seems awfully nervous" Dutch observed, still staring down the boy.

"Wouldn't you be is a man showed up and started staring you down?" you asked, crossing your arms over your chest.

"...so...just a friend, huh?" Dutch asked, looking back at you curiously.

"Well...maybe" you shrugged, blushing slightly.

"Y/n, there's something you're not telling me" Dutch looked at you knowingly.

"No there isn't" you denied.

"Boy, tell me what you're doing here" Dutch turned his attention back to B/n.

"Just picking up Y/n, sir. I normally wait for her just over by those trees" B/n answered honestly, pointing behind him to where his horse was waiting. "Then we go for a ride or something before I bring her back" he explains.

"Well you're plans have changed tonight, run along kid" Dutch nodded at him sternly.

"Dutch-" you sighed but were interrupted.