5

"So when are you going to quit?" asked Jess the next day.

"What?" I asked.

"You're rich! You don't need to work here anymore!" said Jess. "How much money did you get, anyway?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't checked my accounts. My mom said everything should be transferred over today, though," I said.

"Well check! I don't know why you're not more excited about this," she responded.

"I guess it just doesn't feel quite real yet," I admitted.

"Well it will tonight when we move you in. Now check," Jess said. I pulled out my phone and went to my bank app, but I was too scared to look.

"You do it," I said, holding my phone out to Jess. She took it from me and I watched her eyes widen.

"Oh. Maybe you do still need to work," said Jess.

"Oh. Not that much?" I asked.

"I'm just fucking with you. Of course it's that much. You're rich, girl!" said Jess.

"How much?" I asked.

"Enough to buy your own house. Twice," said Jess.

"What?" I asked.

"150 million, baby! You're set for life," she said.

"Oh my god," I whispered. I'd never had more than $3,000 to my name at once, and that was practically nothing in LA. "Oh! I have something else to tell you. You'll find this extremely exciting."

"I'm listening," Jess said.

"Guess who my neighbor is?" I asked.

"The Playboy Mansion is your neighbor," she replied.

"Yes, on one side. On the other side is Colby and a bunch of his friends," I said.

"WHAT! YOU LIVE NEXT TO THE TRAPHOUSE?" she screamed.

"The what house?" I asked.

"The Traphouse! It's only, like, one of the most famous YouTuber houses. He lives there with Sam Golbach, Jake Webber, Corey Scherer, Devyn Lundy, Katrina Stuart, and Tara Yummy," she replied.

"Jesus fuck, stalker much?" I asked.

"They're Youtubers. They post everything they do online. They do the stalking for me," she replied.

"Oh. Well they're all really sweet. Except Jake. He threw a water balloon full of paint at me," I said.

"You MET them? Holy shit. My best friend is rich and has famous friends. This keeps getting better and better," said Jess.

"You can meet them, too. Devyn offered to help us move in and said everyone else would love to help, too," I said.

"I'm going to spontaneously combust. That's fucking crazy! God, would I kill to be you. As would Sam and Colby's four million subscribers."

"Four million?" I asked. "Jesus, so they're like legit famous."

"Yes. Very," said Jess. "Also, it's noon. We're good to clock out and move you into your new mansion," she said, singing the word mansion.