𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 17

" BZZT BZZT BZZT "

Neito's phone vibrated loudly, interrupting your
train of thoughts.

Saiko

You saw the contact name on the screen. Glancing over at Neito, it was that expression again.

Who was that person?

" Tsk. " The blonde clicked his tongue in annoyance and shut his phone off. He chucked the device into the depths of the rectangular bag.

His eyebrows were furrowed downwards. His lips were pressed together tightly, forming 2 thin lines.

You squeezed his hand, looking at him worriedly. " Neito, are you okay? " you softly asked.

Neito seemed to have snapped out of his internal anger. " Yea. I'm fine.  " He blinked hard, shaking his head in frustration. A low groan escaped his lips as he continued walking back to the dorms with you.

" Do you want to come over Y/n? We could study together. Or just to chill. I'm down for either but just stay with me for now. " Neito pleaded. His jaw was tense and his hands were curled into tight knuckles.

" Sure Neito. We can do whatever you feel like doing. I'm here for you." you replied, matching the pace of his footsteps with yours.

A tiny curvature was lifted upwards at the ends of Neito's lips. He thanked you as he slid his fingers back into yours, holding it tightly as the both of you headed to 2B's dorms.

The two of you finally reached his room. It was a very plain room. A bed on the right, a desk on the left, and a closet opposite the bed. You slid your schoolbag off your shoulders as you trailed inside the room, taking a closer look at everything.

Walking closer to the desk, you saw 4 frames of pictures displayed on the upper shelf. The first was him and his family, the second was 2B, the third was... you and him? You stared at the picture in awe, in disbelief that Neito had put a picture of the two of you in his room.

" STOP STARING Y/N. " Neito shrieked in embarrassment. " Neito, that's so cute... I can't believe you actually put a picture of us here. I'm so honored~ " you teased, enjoying the sudden change of power between the two of you.

A light tinge of pink was all over the boy's face as he quickly slammed the picture downwards, pushing you away from the shelf.

" Hey! I'm not done exploring! " you whined as you tried to fight your way back. " Too late y/n. You had your chance. " he replied, throwing you onto the bed.

Neito was now directly ontop of you, on a bed. Things could go south at this very moment. The boy stared straight into your eyes, with tension rising as the clock ticked. He slowly rose his hand and gently pushed the hair out of your face. The silence of the room made your pounding heartbeat sound so loud. But it was only you who could hear it.

Without any warning, Neito plummeted himself onto you, his head resting into the crook of your neck. His hands intertwined with yours, as well as his legs crossed over yours.

" Neito...? "

" Just let me be y/n. You smell nice. "

You sighed to yourself as you felt him nestle closer to you. The blonde emulated warmth. Even though he was the one being cuddled, you still felt comforted.

It felt like home.

You slowly turned your head to face the desk again.

The 4th frame.

Squinting your eyes, you attempted to see who was in the picture. It looked like 3 children smiling in a grass field. They looked happy. You were desperate to take a closer look. Trying to inch your body closer to the edge of the bed to get a better view, Neito shifted his whole body weight onto you, pressing you down.

" Don't go y/n. Let me stay here for longer. " He whispered into your ear. He nestled further into the crook of your neck, tightening his grip onto you.

You caught small whiffs of a sugar cookie scent. Neito smelled like sugar cookies. Grinning to yourself, you stayed in position, taking in his sweet scent.

Finally, after a few minutes, Neito got off laid next you, twiddling with your fingers, staring into blank space.

" Neito, who's the people in the 4th picture? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I'm just curious. " you whispered, heart palpitating quickly, unsure of whether you stepped on a bomb.

Neito stopped fidgeting and looked at you. " Ah, did she really ask me that? " he thought to himself. He used his arms to cover his eyes, avoiding eye contact with you. He was hesitating to tell you. Internal conflicts in his head were sparking inside. What if she asks who were they? What if she wanted to get to know them? What if she already knew them? What if she found out about what happened?

" Old childhood friends of mine. We don't talk anymore though. I just put them there for the memories. " he blabbered after his long thought. You turned your body to face him, in hopes of seeing his face. Unfortunately, it was blocked by his arm. You watched Neito as he slowly lifted his arm away from his eyes. His eyes were blank but he was gritting his teeth. Jaw tense once again.

He probably did not want to talk about it.

You reached out to him, squeezing his hands, in hopes that he knew you were there for him.

No matter what.

PLEASE READ !!!!

does the picture above matter?? bc i keep finding the same neito pics and im trying my best to avoid using other peoples artworks here w/o their permission :/ so like can u guys just comment whether ud still want me to put them there or i dont have to 🥺👉🏻👈🏻 just comment yes or no pls thank u so much for reading🥰