𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 38

Days passed on like years, 2 months felt like 2 centuries. Your patience was thinning out. The mark that once reminded you of his presence had disappeared.

You were struggling to keep up with school. All you could think of was Monoma Neito.

Nothing could stop you from wondering about him. It made you lose your appetite, your sleep, as well as your motivation to study.

The gala was commencing in a few hours. The venue had not been confirmed yet. This year was different. Competition was tough. You knew Neito was doing his best.

So, you should too.

Glancing across your room, you stared at the silky white dress made for you. Perfectly custom-made, tailored to the bone.

Sighing at the dress, you rolled your back to face the wall.

Anticipation, anxiety, and adrenaline was pumping through you.

How was Neito doing? Did he get enough sleep? Did he eat his meals properly?

You had so many questions. All bottled up until the grand event.

A light knock on the door broke your frustration.

Slowly opening the door, a close friend took a step in.

Bakugou placed his calloused hands on your head, lightly patting you.

" hey, i know you're scared for the big day. it's going to be okay. i'm here for you. "

He softly croaked. You knew the boy had a difficulty expressing his feelings for his friends. So this was a big step for him. Kirishima definitely made him improve himself.

You thanked him softly. Times like these reminded you why Bakugou was a great friend.

Bakugou had agreed to follow you to the Gala. You had asked the rest of your friends, but they were all unavailable.

" You need to sleep Y/n. Tomorrow is the big day. "

Nodding your head in agreement, you sent Bakugou off to his room and plunged into your bed.

The overbearing thoughts caused you to toss and turn in your sleep. Dark eyebags were starting to engrave your undereyes.

" Go to sleep y/n. "

You huffed to yourself.

Tomorrow was the end game. It was all or nothing.

How could you not be nervous?

Trying to fall asleep was a nightmare but when sunlight creeped into your room, the real nightmare had begun.

Groggy from the night before, you drowned yourself under the piping hot shower.

It was the day.

Slipping on the silky dress, you combed your hair neatly before Reid picked you both up.

Bakugou met you in the living room. You were surprised. He had actually waxed his hair.

It was kind of funny. His hair look like it was on the verge of exploding.

You chuckled at him, causing a light punch on your arm.

His crimson eyes glared at you as he grunted,
" Not funny doucheface. Let's go meet your butler. "

You nodded your head as the both of you stepped into the car.

Inside the limosine, Ried caught a glimpse of the two of you in the mirror.

" You two look very good today. And now it's time to look even better "

A sharp turn made the wheels screech as the two of you gripped onto the edge of the seat for stability.

Your heart almost fell out of your chest.

The fast car came to a halt and Ried opened the door and assisted you out.

A familar salon whipped open their grand doors for you. Hard shoves behind your back brought you into the shop.

" Y/N!! IT'S BEEN FOREVER! WELCOME BACK!!!"

Oh no.

You always hated this place. They took forever, made your hair gunky and sticky at the end of the day.

There was even once they almost chopped off your hair into a horrendous bowl cut.

More specifically, the "they" was  Kaeri.

Groaning in annoyance, she forced you down onto the chair, as well as Bakugou.

The explosive blonde was shrieking, demanding to be let go.

" Give it up Katsuki. You're never leaving until they are done. "

3 Hours had passed and the nightmare was over.

Unexpectedly, your hair-do was beautifully done.  It was tied in a neat bun, with thin side bangs, framing your perfect face.

Bakugou had his pompous hair back, except it was somewhat neater and softer looking.

A thin silver necklace was draped on your neck.

Kaeri whispered, " A small present from the Monoma. "

Your face poofed up with a splash of red. You knew he was having it tough. He must have gotten through lengths just to do this.

The silver rested on your collarbone, leaving a cold presence over you. It almost felt like he left a mark on you again.

Warmth suddenly covered over the chilly presence. A translucent shawl was draped over your neck to cover your shoulders.

" There. 2 stunning children completed. "

Kaeri grinned as she threw you back into Reid's arms.

" Off you go! "

You waved her goodbye as the car drove away.

Towards the venue.

Towards Monoma Neito.