XXXV.

Aaliyah

The satisfying feeling of racking my Mielle foaming mousse through my braids put a smile on my face as I got ready for another day of school

The satisfying feeling of racking my Mielle foaming mousse through my braids put a smile on my face as I got ready for another day of school. I was thankful that the weekend was just a day away so that I could relax with my family during the day and Sidney for the night. So far, we were still going strong and seemed to never get tired of keeping each other company. Last week for Valentine's Day, he definitely showed out and got me a rose gold pandora bracelet with meaningful charms that represented my love for family & basketball. For his present, I gifted him a new pair of sneakers and his most wanted video game which he loved, even though I was nervous on what to get since this was my first lovers celebration. We both agreed that we couldn't wait for our future to come, but I held a bit of anxiety of how things would pan out with him leaving for college.

After lacing up my Air 1's, I disconnected my phone from my Alexa speaker then grabbed my bag before heading downstairs.

"Oops, did I interrupted something?" I asked when I made it to the living room. Across the way toward the kitchen, I found my mom and Jay in pure silence at the counter. She sat on his lap with a dazed look in her eyes, but when she heard my voice her face changed.

"Hey baby — no, you didn't." She replied in her normal tone.

"Cool. You look a lil off there.." I said with a laugh although she found nothing funny. "Right," I said under my breath. "I'm about to head out, are we still on for tonight?"

"Wait, y'all made plans without me?" Jay said with a tiny pout.

"Of course we did! No love lost, though." I replied, which led us both to share a hearty laugh.

"Just a small girls' night, babe." My mom clarified.

"Good, the boys and I need a break from y'all anyway."

Together, my mom and I let out a gasp. She took it a step further and tapped his forehead to show just how playfully offended she was. Our minor conversation continued on a while longer until I said my goodbyes to them both and my brothers. I made it down to the garage in no time and started my car right away before choosing a dope playlist to drive off to. My first stop was to pick up Sidney, who was thankfully out on the sidewalk when I pulled up to his complex; when he got in the car, we shared a light kiss.

"I take it you're not mad at me anymore?" He asked after we pulled off.

"I am, but .. not as much." I said with a sigh.

"Aaliyah I truly didn't mean to take it there and make you feel uncomfortable, it's just —"

"You said you'd be patient if I chose to wait." I interrupted him.

After practice last night, I went over to his house and took a small nap while he played his game. We ordered food and talked nonsense after I woke up, but when our make out session when further than me getting head, I immediately became uncomfortable. Once or twice before we've spoken about taking one another's virginity, but I truly believed I wasn't ready for that type of action. I had no plans to save myself until marriage yet taking this step with him so fresh into our relationship wasn't on my agenda. When I turned him down, he caught a petty attitude and ignored me for the rest of the night until I went home. I wished after this moment I would have been able to run to my mom for advice, but I hadn't even told her what we've been doing in the first place! This was exactly why we were spending the evening together — I needed to be honest and get the knowledge I was looking for.