IX.

Beyoncé

Jay and I left his apartment building in a hurry since our round of sexcapades made us late for our dinner reservations

Jay and I left his apartment building in a hurry since our round of sexcapades made us late for our dinner reservations. When we made it safely inside his car, he drove off onto the busy street.

"Where are we going again?" I questioned.

"Marco Polo, it's one of the best Italian restaurants in nyc; my opinion of course."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I believe you. You tend to pick the best places for our dates."

His hand resumed its normal placement on my thigh as we continued to drive at a nice pace. I was pleased with his music choice of smooth R&B and could already attest to my theory that Jay was more romantic than he led on.

About 10 minutes later, we pulled up to the restaurant valet. Jay gave the gentlemen the keys then opened my door to help me out as we walked hand and hand inside to greet the host. After giving his name, she led us to the private booth in the back. The candle lit table was set up nicely and our wine glasses were perfectly placed next to the grey ice bucket that nestled a chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio.

"Baby this is very romantic!" I said into his ear as he allowed me to sit first in the booth. He smiled and shied away from my compliment.

"Like I said earlier, anything for you."

I gently grabbed his jaw and turned his face to mine. Slowly, I kissed his lips and made sure to bite down ever so softly on his plump bottom lip.

"..I mean we can always do take out." He spoke after a few moments. I laughed loudly and declined his idea; I would be a fool to go home and waste all the time I used to get ready for the evening.

"Are you trying to butter me up for something else?" I pried.

"Hell nah, I'm making sure all my guys stay free of danger." He said with a laugh. Our waiter brought over an appetizer plate of Bruschetta garnished with tomato and basil and we gladly dug in before placing our entree orders.

"How did the showings go for the bistro location?"

"Pretty good, I narrowed it down to a few that I like and would want your opinion on."

I nodded my head softly, "Well I'll be glad to help!"

He retrieved his phone for his pocket and I couldn't help but smile at the picture set as his background. "Whose that woman?" I asked him.

"My mother, Gloria. You'll meet her one of these days."

I made a playful sigh, "If you insist.."

Jay laughed; "Why wouldn't I introduce my girl to my mom? It's only right."

"I agree but you know how mother's can be .. what if she doesn't think I'm the right fit for you?" While he thought of his answer, I thought of how I would act in this similar situation if Aaliyah ever bought her significant other around.