Falling

"Good morning." Voice soft and almost unheard, Y/n ambles inside the giant room.

Everyone who sat around the table for breakfast turned their attention to her and a gentle smile lits up Mrs. Park's face. "Good morning, Y/n. Come sit next to me. I want to look at you." She pats the head of the seat beside her.

Y/n replies back a small smile and approach the table. Upon taking the invited seat, she looks up, only for her eyes to land on Jimin who sat the opposite of her.

His gaze was already set on her. "Morning.." He mumbles, an untouched plate of food sitting in front of him.

Y/n only nods and looks away.

No one was a fool. They noticed the redness that lined her eyes and the puffiness that sat on Jimin's lids. He probably did not get a blink of sleep last night and she must have been crying.

It was like a reminder. Y/n would not come back with them. And the fact that it had disturbed her so much makes them feel more guilty than they already were. Jimin also seems to struggle a lot with that fact and looks like he is slowly dying inside. If he were to be in his beloved Black Pearl sailing his sea, the thunders and the storms would be his way of letting it all go and telling the world that he is upset and disappointed at himself.

But right now, he is away from the sea. He is now in his kingdom. The one his father left for him to rule.

The atmosphere around the dining room is thick and taunting but thankfully, Mrs. Park does not pick up on any of that.

She looks at Y/n and then her son. "I am quite upset, Jimin. You two did not come down for the first dinner last night."

Y/n looks up from her plate at Mrs. Park before turning to Jimin.

'You both..?'

Jimin's lips part as he stare at his mother, ready to explain their absence when suddenly Taehyung chuckles from beside Y/n.

They all turn towards him and watch as he smile brightly at Mrs. Park. "Captain took Y/n on a tour last night." The lie left his lips without a stutter and Jimin is for once relieved about that bad habit of his.

His own excuse would have been forward and his mother would probably be really worried and hurt if she knew that Y/n practically forced herself to stay here just so he can let go of the little sailor, Yeonjun.

Concerning his mother is the last thing he wants. Hell, he just arrived here and he is already bringing so much disappointment to his mother.

Mrs. Park's eyes brighten at what she hears. "Is it true, Jimin? You took Y/n out?" She turned to her son.

Jimin hesitates, not knowing what to do. But the lie had already been told and it is for the better. So he nods but direct his eyes downwards to his meal when he adds on to the lie. "Yes, mother."

At least that will lighten the mood. If his mother found out, she would not be as heartbroken that her son lied to her while looking her right in the eye, without any shame.

"I am glad you took her outside. Did you like the kingdom, Y/n? I have heard that you always wanted to visit Busan." Mrs. Park squeezed her son's hand, nodding at him that he did great.

But nothing can bring him up from the depths of guilt because currently, the woman sitting in front of him was staring at him with nothing but disappointment.

Another lie. He can almost feel her wondering if that is how he had lied to her all along.

When Y/n answers, Jimin can feel the honesty in her words. "We did not see much but with what I saw, it is indeed really beautiful." She refers to what she had seen when Black Pearl sailed inside the kingdom.