Burning Desire

Dreams are so deceiving

They appear to be the brightest, most vivid illusion when you are lost in them. Yet they disappear and fade away when you are awake. They leave you with a sense of emptiness like an important memory has gone missing in your head.

Y/n does not dream the brightest things. She never has. But this one, this fade of buzzing light behind her closed eyes feels as blinding as ever. Jimin is holding her, his arms around her waist and under her head as she lays with a burning fever in her bed.

He is cooing to her, before chuckling so deeply, she feels her whole body vibrate to her very core from the impact. Her arms tighten around his shoulders and her shaky figure clings to him for dear life.

"What are you thinking about, love?" He seems to whisper, sounding so real in the dim candles of the room.

She feels herself shaking her head, her warm face tucked away in his neck. His neck is so pretty, she thinks in her dream-like haze. She cannot help but snuggle her face closer, cannot help herself from parting her plush lips against his chilling skin and exhaling a feverish breath.

His skin feels cold. She must warm him up.

Instantly, she feels his arms tighten around her and a giddy feeling drops to her lower stomach. This dream feels quite delirious.

The lines of his body, which are pressed against each of her softer curves are hot and rigid. Like he is made of steel. His muscles are hard from years of fighting war and training, his instincts so fast, they could kill someone in the blur of an eye.

This body is so rough and cold, littered with multiple tattoos and deep scars which are more than what they seem. Why is it that it is so easy to touch someone like him? Why is he allowing himself to be explored like this?

He has done things, horrible things he has been open about since the very beginning. How does she still find so much solace and feel so protected in his presence?

Her parted lips brush the tan skin under his jaw before they close over the pretty mole there. She leaves a feather-like peck on his skin, the little sound echoing in the silence of the room.

Somehow, his body seems to tense up even further.

"Y/n." When he speaks, his voice is strained and heavy. His arm which circles her waist tightens before his hand lays flat over her side, squeezing her skin over her dress. A shiver crawls down her body and his jaw tightens from where her forehead is pressed against it.

She blinks her hazy eyes, wishing this dream never ends.

His hand which rests between the pillow and her head grips the back of her head, gentle with his fingers, and he shifts his face till his mouth is breathing against her ear. "My love. I don't think you would like it if I did the same to you." His voice is laced with an unspoken warning.