The King's Glittering Doll

Soles thundering the ground with each step, Y/n walks towards the dungeon door

Soles thundering the ground with each step, Y/n walks towards the dungeon door. Unlike earlier, where she was covered in a circle of Sailors and Blacksmiths and slowly cowering away on the inside from all the prisoners.

Now, she walks towards the door without any hesitation, fury bubbling inside her so blinding and hot that she does not bother with the wolf whistles of oos and ahhs coming from the prisoners when they see her.

She does not notice, nor she questions it as their voices slowly burn out into white noises. Till no one is left inhaling and everything is quiet.

Jimin had followed her out of the room, his men following behind him. Now he watch from the end of the hallway as his fiancé walk towards the portal on the other side.

His hand had only lifted into the air for a second and all his prisoners came tumbling down to the ground of their cells, pulled into a deep slumber by him. He then pulls his hand down to his side and that easily opens the dungeon door for her.

Y/n walks out without a break to her step, the rays from the sun hitting her figure. Her mind is a chaos. And she finds herself harder to breath.

For a good minute, everything around her is blurry. But that does not stop her as she walks blindly, too immersed into her thoughts to know where she is going.

How can this lead so far? She was aware of the power that took over her throne after she was kidnapped. She felt it as that cruel power put their dirty hands all over her palace and belongings. She felt it cause she is deeply connected to her throne.

But as she realise now, she got so distracted by the world outside that she forgot to check up on the people that reside her kingdom. A small child who was crowned such an enormous throne at the fragile age of five, who never saw a day outside misery and grey paper work.

She got too curious about the world that was always out of her reach and look where that got her. Her heart twist into her rib cage. God knows that is happening to those children right now.

That person, connected to her from her father's side, they are ruthless and inhumane. As if she did not suffer enough, this also had to be in her plate.

She feels hurt and lost, but what wins out is her anger. It always does. Sometime she forgets that her anger was the reason she used to live her days out. The thirst for revenge from that man who did this to her, who took everything away from her.

How long will this keep going? When will she finally get to be in peace?

Jimin has followed her all the way out as she goes, watching from afar as she continues to march towards her room. Maybe she does not know it yet, but her legs are leading her to the quietness of her room, where she can hide and never face anyone ever.

Old habits die hard indeed.

"My lady..?"

Y/n snaps her head towards the voice, the little maid standing before her with big doe eyes.