16

We stayed at the spot for a little while longer before Tobias took me home.
Once we got to my house, Tobias walked me to my porch as usual. As I was about to hug him goodbye, I saw a vehicle pull up in the drive way.

My parents had arrived earlier than expected.

I looked over at Tobias whom had a worried expression on his face.

"Hello (y/n)-" my mother cut off her greeting with a gasp "Tobias!" She exclaimed as she walked over to the porch to give Tobias and I a hug, my father following behind her.

"You've already started making friends from the church I see." My mother said, sounding rather cheerful.

"So I guess this means we have our answer?" My dad raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I gave a questioning look to all three of them.

"Well, why else would Papa Nihil's son be here? Did you invite him over?" My mother asked, now a bit confused.

I looked over at Tobias "What are they talking about?"

"Uh, look, I may have forgotten to mention something." He winced.

"So you're in this weird church thing too? Wait, you're the son of the main guy?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay, so everyone I know is involved in this church cult thing? Wouldn't be surprised if James and Lita were in it too." I mumbled the last part.

"Well actually..." Tobias began.

"Funny." I smirked only for it to turn into a neutral expression once I saw that Tobias kept a serious face.

"Oh, geez you're not kidding." I chuckled a bit as I acknowledged just how bizarre of a situation this was before turning back to my parents "Okay, mom, dad, I need a little more time to make my decision because there's a lot more I need to process now."

"Okay, we respect that, there's no pressure. Remember, do not feel forced to say yes." My dad reminded me to which I nodded.

"Well, We'll be inside." My dad said as he and my mom made their way into the house.

"Look (y/n)" Tobias spoke up "I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you at the watch tower but I didn't know how you'd react given that you already had a lot to take in. I was afraid it might make you more confused, which appears to be the case."

"I know. It's just all too weird, you know? It feels like anyone could be involved in this, like the freemasons or something."

"Yeah, I get it. Well, I'll let you spend time with your parents, I'll see you later." He hugged me.

A/N: Finally an update~~~~~sorry