Chapter 17

Friday January 16th, 2003

It was Friday, the sun was out again and you could feel everyone's excitement and hopes for a sunny weekend. The students all wore their nicest casual outfits for school. It was as if they were told a big movie company about was coming to film.

It was nice to finally get some vitamins into my skin but as I looked up at the bright sun, I couldn't help but miss the cloudy dark sky I had grown accustom to.

"I hope he came to school today. We have French together and I have been practicing my French so I don't look dumb in front of him." Jessica bubbles in excitement. It was amusing to see her like this, especially about a boy.

"How do I look?" She asked twirling so we can look at her outfit. She wore a lilac long sleeve shirt with small embroidered white roses on them, khaki slim jeans and a pair of white platform sandals and a gold anklet.

Her hair was tied into a medium ponytail, she no longer wore her headband, in place of that was her new bangs that she had gone to style the day before. Her small gold hoop earrings shined as she waited for our answer. She nervously smiled "So? Does it look bad?"

"No actually, you look very pretty Jess." Angela went over to fix her bangs as they talked about her shirt and then it hit me. "Did I make you that shirt?"

"Hm? Oh yeah! You did! Finally you noticed." She rolled her eyes. "I can't believe you would forget, this is my favorite, I haven't worn it in a while because I don't want it to ruin it." She hugged her shirt as she admired it.

"Sorry I sometimes forget what I make." I rubbed my necklace nervously. Jessica lightly swatted my arm. "I can't believe you, this was for my birthday 2 years ago."

~

"That is so cute! Where do you get it?"

"Yeah I know right?!"

"I hope he will like it."

You didn't need to know who all the girls buzzed about. The only Cullen who not only was absolutely gorgeous, handsome, kind, polite, who was also single; Edward Cullen.

I watched from my desk as girls borrowed make up or fixed each other's hair, gossiping before History started. Angela on the other hand read her book and scribbled away in her notebook. I never truly realized just hope different Angela was, in the good way and I hope high school didn't change her.

The teach walked in and was in a good mood as today, we were going to watch a movie. Everyone cheered as the lights turned off, I looked at the empty seats next to me.

"Maybe they truly weren't coming."

~

We all crowed inside Tyler's van, Mike called "shotgun" again, Eric and Angela took the school bus this time and Jessica and I sat in the backseats. She sulked, twirling her hair in her fingers, mindlessly staring out into nothing.